Mad turbo werks build::MAD TRUCK

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
[/COLOR]

checking icp at stock doesnt do anything for when the truck is tuned. reason being,theres alot more oil needed being tuned. especially with aftermarket injs.

the only thing checking hpop at stock will show you, is that there is, or isnt enough oil to run the truck stock.

ive data logged enough modified trucks, that will hold full icp stock,and not,once tuned.
Ok, That makes since. But can you check ICP while tuned or does it show a lower value? How are you data logging? Are you using something like a CTS or are you using IDS or something similar? Maybe some tunes show a real value?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
No emailed tune will show correct pressure value. Voltage will always display proper voltage. Pressure readings are a calculation in the pcm, this calculation is altered when tuning. Kyle uses some magic mystery tools LOL

Im using bills gryphon right now and a video camera to gwt my readings., trying to scrap enough cash to buy some real equipment... Im running matts tunes and chris' tunes

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
9/26 update::

I called Vivian up and told her the changes I made to truck. I offered a couple of my own suggestion and she used my input. I don't know tuning but, I wanted the tune to be the way I drive. Well I put the tune in and ran it to work.The truck runs really nice, in fact it is very nice on the street. I might have to change my mind on horsepower for street. I don't know how much power I have yet but if this truck is over the 600 rwhp which it should be, it is very street able. Yes I only have to use 10% or less throttle to drive on street and if I hit a bump and foot hits throttle is jumps, but not a big deal.

The truck is hardly smoking now, and has lots of power. I haven't really hit it hard yet, want tranny to get used to tune before I do. Cruise at 70 mph, egts are 690-700, at 80 I'm at 760-780. If i'm cruising at 70 and tap 10% on throttle the truck instantly jumps 10 mph.

I have a slight boost boot problem so I have new ones coming, I won't hit full throttle till I do. I will also be getting new y-pipe from stroker unlimited and install it also.

windrunner408

Reaction score
No videos yet. He has to either let his tranny learn better or get a new one because when he did a boosted launch, the thing bucked pretty hard LOL

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Truck down again, seems I must be doing something right, The transmission wasn't happy with the 175/75 and stage3, let me know every once in awhile. Know with the new injectors 200/150 transmission is pissed off. I will be heading to Atlanta, to a transmission shop that I got a hell of a deal for them to rebuild my tranny with all billet. They say rated to 850-900rwhp, so transmission will be happy again. I knew it wasn't going to last, with all the power I had, that's another reason I haven't taken any video lately, that and hold the camera at same time.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ok, That makes since. But can you check ICP while tuned or does it show a lower value? How are you data logging? Are you using something like a CTS or are you using IDS or something similar? Maybe some tunes show a real value?

when you datalog tuned, just watch your icp voltage. pressure is skewed in tunning. thats why it always reads lower.

im using a snap on modis for all diagnostics and datalogging.

strokin6L

Reaction score
My ICP voltage will not read correct tuned along with the HPOP psi. Today i turned truck back to stock and i can hit 4.7v easy and 3500+psi. When tuned i can only hit 2.3v and maybe 1550psi.

Last edited:

04stroker

Reaction score
My ICP voltage will not read correct tuned along with the HPOP psi. Today i turned truck back to stock and i can hit 4.7v easy and 3500+psi. When tuned i can only hit 2.3v and maybe 1550psi.

Are you sure it's just not reading correct or can you not hold icp tuned? Voltage should always read right that is how all the tuners determine if their tunes are holding up icp wise.

strokin6L

Reaction score
the voltage and PSI will not read correct when tuned. Eric told me that some trucks will experience this(both voltage and PSI) and some wont. This is the answer i recieved from Eric after i asked him if it's normal if voltage acted the same as PSI when tuned through the OBDII port

Tuned, the ICP function is rescaled and the PCM doesn't read it correctly. You troubleshoot injection pressure issues on the stock tune. I use the Dipricol HPOP gauge and it reads correctly tapped in my pigtail. A few customers have installed the Autometer gauge and it still reads low, not sure which wire they use.

Thanks

Eric

The truck runs strong when tuned and i believe that there is no issue with the HPOP. My truck has never read read ICP voltage correctly when tuned...no matter what kind of tune i had in it. Turn back to stock and it can hit 4.7v like nothing.

Last edited:

04stroker

Reaction score
I have never seen one read the voltage incorrectly not saying that is not possible. I just wondered if that may be a problem that resulted in your low (imho) dyno number for your setup.

strokin6L

Reaction score
The reason i believe i put down a low number is because of the way eric had of dyno...which was in OD with converter locked. most guys run in direct with converter locked. which most think thats why erics dyno reads less that their track times. which leads me to believe that my truck is actually around the 520-530 range. i haven't dyno'd in direct nor have i went to the track to back this up or to confirm this tho

strokin6L

Reaction score
The only reason i believe my dyno number was lower than i expected is because i dyno'd in OD with converter locked....where as many get a dyno tune and dyno in direct(5th) with converter locked. I dyno'd it this way because this is how eric told me to do and that's how he does it. From what i have heard is that anyone who has dyno'd on eric's dyno....the numbers were lower than what their track time HP numbers. For example...Briar dyno'd on eric's dyno and put down 623hp...but track time puts him at around 650hp. So i'm assuming my truck would put down 520-530hp if i was to dyno in direct(5th). However i haven't confirmed this or backed it up by trying it or have gone to the track yet to get a time.

This is what i asked eric...
Eric,

will voltage act the same as psi tho? When tuned i'm only getting 2.3v max. Today i turned truck back to stock and i can hit 4.7v easily. Just not sure if reading voltage through the OBDII port is suppose to read low like that when tuned. I've heard that voltage should never change when tuned and that only the PSI reading could read incorrectly.

Chris

This is his response back....
Yeap, works the same way. Are you making power tuned or is it running bad?

Thanks

Eric

So, sounds like what i'm seeing is normal seeing as he says that both voltage and psi work the same way when tuned.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Looks like the parts for tranny will be ready on tuesday. I'll be driving the truck to Atlanta on monday, or tuesday for tranny work. I got a good deal on the tranny work from a transmission performance shop that wants to get their name out to the 6.0 powerstroke owners for building performance trannys for these trucks. They will be taking tranmission out, and replacing parts with, billet parts(input, output, gears, clutch drum and racing chutches), shift kit, billet converter, trans cooler, and extra deep pan. Told me should be good for 850-900rwhp. While I'm there I will be visting with Jonathan to see the truck with stage 4, maybe tweek it alittle and see about getting it dyno'ed. I'll take the truck out for a spin, to see how she moves, maybe take some video of it. I wanted to go to judgement day dyno but I just don't have the truck ready for it.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Sounds like the trans is gonna be beafed up pretty good. Should be able to handle whatever you throw at it. Can't wait hear how it runs when it's all done.

Latest posts

Members online