My MPD 66

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Yes it does feel like a power band with this turbo. I also read on your thread that your turbo is easy to bark. mine is the same way. Running smaller tunes and being careful with the throttle helps a lot. My BOV does help some too. I have a feeling this setup will really get mean with more fuel.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
tow/haul is usually your friend when they bark .... awesome to see guys, sounds like it runs good. i'd love to know what that truck weighs.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
need to get one of these set ups running at high altitude, sounds like its working well so far

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I run about 3500 and go over a pass that climbs to almost 7000.... Although i havent steped on it up there...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
oh thats great to know, keep us posted on how it feels, if your already moving you might not notice the altitude change, but starting from a dead stop you might, keep us posted im interested

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Im very pleased with the performance of it thus far. If i had to guess its around 7600lbs. Id like to find a scale somewhere close to me. the scrap yard has one but metal in the tires and driving a very nice truck around minorities makes me cringe.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Im very pleased with the performance of it thus far. If i had to guess its around 7600lbs. Id like to find a scale somewhere close to me. the scrap yard has one but metal in the tires and driving a very nice truck around minorities makes me cringe.

oh yeah thats scary. but jeff dobb's truck is 7600 w/ driver. mine, the lightest i got it was 7720 w/o me in it, so your's MAY be lighter. either way, thats about what mine is running. mine went 12.52 @ 106 @ 8250 lbs . 1.66 60ft on mickey thompson ATZ's . you get that 60ft down and you got a fast bich on ur hands. congrats colt.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Jeff Dodd...

Correct. My truck was 7620 on the scales with me in it. That was tailgate off, spare off, receiver hitch off, 1/8 tank of fuel, and all the weight out of the motor from all the EGR stuff gone. I also had nothing in the truck. My weight was it, other than the fuel. I don't even have a bed liner. I know Mike doesn't believe that weight, but that's what popped up on the scale. I would guess it's pretty accurate too because it's the scale a local stone company uses every day to weigh their trucks before they hit the road.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Thanks Mike. Its light for a super duty thats for sure, doesn't take much for the back end to skate. Ive got a spare set of aluminum 17's that i plan on running for the track sometime down the road. but for now 22's and 420s will be my street/stip setup. One thing I've noticed about this turbo is that after about 5psi of boost on the line it starts to budge the breaks as to where the stockers could build 15psi or so before pushing the brakes. lower boost numbers but more power. I'm still figuring out how much psi the truck likes most when launching.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Jeff Dodd...

I know Mike doesn't believe that weight, but that's what popped up on the scale. I would guess it's pretty accurate too because it's the scale a local stone company uses every day to weigh their trucks before they hit the road.

i believe it. just couldnt come anywhere close with mine. i think mine has a bunch of lead hidden in it. iirc , corsili was at 7800 running 12.66 @ 107 w/ 3:55's ... so you aren far off, except nobody is anywhere close to your times with a tune. whatever you did, worked. anyway, maybe if colton can get down to your weight he may run a similar time and trap speed, but hes only a ex. cab s/b .... im happy that hes happy. derail OFF.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
i believe it. just couldnt come anywhere close with mine. i think mine has a bunch of lead hidden in it. iirc , corsili was at 7800 running 12.66 @ 107 w/ 3:55's ... so you aren far off, except nobody is anywhere close to your times with a tune. whatever you did, worked. anyway, maybe if colton can get down to your weight he may run a similar time and trap speed, but hes only a ex. cab s/b .... im happy that hes happy. derail OFF.

Must be that new Spartan 310 combined with the ported fuel rails. :D

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. Its light for a super duty thats for sure, doesn't take much for the back end to skate. Ive got a spare set of aluminum 17's that i plan on running for the track sometime down the road. but for now 22's and 420s will be my street/stip setup. One thing I've noticed about this turbo is that after about 5psi of boost on the line it starts to budge the breaks as to where the stockers could build 15psi or so before pushing the brakes. lower boost numbers but more power. I'm still figuring out how much psi the truck likes most when launching.

honestly colt, your 60ft SUCKS ... you have way more in it. get to where us heavy ***'s are, and you'll probaly own us!! i know settlemire cuts 1.67's and runs 12.30's at 108, but he has big twins on stock fuel, you should easily be there!

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Id say Jeff has the freak truck still lol. Im positive my truck weighs less then jeffs. I have 2 race seats in the cab and 2 10s in a box. then a loaded tool box. no spare or spare mount, roll pan, and heavy trac bars. when i went to the track saturday i took the subs/ toolbox, and tool gate off just for sh1ts and gigs. didn't help all that much with the tires like they are but it gave me an idea of how much weight i had sitting around. probably a good 300lbs. and i only weigh 135 so that not a big factor lol. If funds allow me to ill be hunting 11's on fuel next summer, which doesn't seem to unreasonable.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
honestly colt, your 60ft SUCKS ... you have way more in it. get to where us heavy ***'s are, and you'll probaly own us!! i know settlemire cuts 1.67's and runs 12.30's at 108, but he has big twins on stock fuel, you should easily be there!

LOL believe me i know, i got the time slips back and started laughing at how bad the 60fts were. once i got down the track a good ways i could really feel it start to pull

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
LOL believe me i know, i got the time slips back and started laughing at how bad the 60fts were. once i got down the track a good ways i could really feel it start to pull

everytime you get your slip, just remember my 8300lb pile cuts 1.64's .... hahahahhaahhahahhahahahahahahaha. i believe there is some truth to weight HELPING the 60 ft.

Latest posts

Members online