My MPD 66

Dzchey21

Reaction score
find out where the boost reference is comming from (usually the intake elbow) and take that line, and route it right to the top of the gate, or splice it with the line from the regulator. then just ensure that the side port doesnt have anything to it, or if it has a line just make sure its to atmosphere

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
If you never updated to V2 tunes, you should have the older 250 tune that locks late. If you do, try it. You can keep the converter locked up to 65-70 at the right throttle position. In my opinion it would be the perfect trans file for daily driving with a single because you can control lock-up with your right foot pretty much.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
You can hit your tow/haul button around 42mph to hold out of locking for a little longer

Dzchey21

Reaction score
As of right now there are no lines coming off the Wastegate. and the kit didnt come with any wastegate plumbing. So no lines, no regulator.

That might not be right depending on that gate and springs that are sent with the kit, but chances are something isnt right, or the place that did the install didnt know what to do with the lines or regulator...

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I think they just went by spring # numbers and that was the highest they could get in there. Definately figured out the problem though Colton.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
The kit i received didnt have any other springs, or plumbing. Therefore i didnt give the shop that installed the turbo the parts for plumbing it. Its not their fault, i told them to install what i had.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Heres the pics i promised. I believe the guys at Power Stroke Magic have some pics and vids as well theyre willing to post. engine bays a little dirty and wirings kinda ugly right now, I'll have to clean it up some this weekend and ill take a couple more pics.

057.jpg

056.jpg

055.jpg

054.jpg

053.jpg

052.jpg

050.jpg

049.jpg

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Looks good man! Can't wait until you get the issues ironed out and that thing hauls ass like it's suppose to.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
You have both ports vented to the atmosphere. Your wastegate is currently working off only springs so it is opening earlyyyy. You need to tap into a boost source such as the intake elbow and find out what spring(s) are in the gate to find out whether you need boost to the top and vented side or vice versa. I would put it to the top and go from there

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Sorry Colton you will have a package Thursday with the hose and controller in it for the wastegate
Something got messed up in shipping

The Bullseye gates have a 22 psi spring in them so that's why your running low boost

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Awesome Craig, once again, very happy I went with this kit. The guys at MPD send parts to me without a hesitation. I'll plumb the gate as soon as the parts come in as well as see about pulling my lock up back. Thanks for all the help guys. I had a hunch it was wg related. No ones to blame, just part of buying a custom kit.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.