My MPD 66

nvme_63

Reaction score
without hijacking could someone give me a quick run down on how the ports work on these wastegates? im still learning also on external gates.

BFT

Reaction score
There is a way to find out how much PSI is beig put on top of the gate or coming from the manual regulator. Just put a mechanical gauge to it. I plan on doing it to my rig and also putting the regulator and gauge in cab.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Hey super08duty... I'm trying to put my single kit on... What did you do with the oil drain hole that's on the pedestal? I am imagining that the one in the pic with the wire tied around it is the one your using for the turbo drain.... Did you just plug the other one?

BFT

Reaction score
I like the idea of regulator in cab. Id be all over it if I could come up with a VERY clean way to do it.

since i dont smoke, ill be putting it where the cigarette lighter is, this will be happening soon. just have to find a way of making the gauge look good along with it.

derail over

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Hey super08duty... I'm trying to put my single kit on... What did you do with the oil drain hole that's on the pedestal? I am imagining that the one in the pic with the wire tied around it is the one your using for the turbo drain.... Did you just plug the other one?

pretty sure he didn't do the install himself.

superstroked

Reaction score
Pretty sweet setup for sure...I am interested in hearing how happy the OP is after getting the wastegate straightened out!

Dustball8504

Reaction score
I think the single kits rock for someone wanting to get into a pulling or drag racing rig. 11s on fuel is was Craigs truck ran I just saw! I'd love to do this with a single cab but for right now I think the most practical way for someone like me is the stockers lol

Keep us posted on how you like it :D

Super08Duty

Reaction score

The other drain is plugged off.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Blocking off the WG until the plumbing gets here. Also sent my Livewire in to have it updated and possibly tweak the tranny tunes. Well see how it runs with the gate not venting out both sides. Hoping the hose will hook up to my CFM port that way i dont have to take my CAC pipe off to weld a new bung in.

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
It should go into your cfm bud, my elite wastegate kit did..fittings may be different sizes between the two kits but it shouldnt be hard to make it work i think the stuff that most kits use is probably the same.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
It should fit, dont MPD pair the cfm elbow in a kit with the wastegate on one package?

Dzchey21

Reaction score

Cap it. I got one id them expandable rubber plugs with a bolt in the middle. I think it was a 703 1402

Sent from my DROIDX

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Blocking off the WG until the plumbing gets here. Also sent my Livewire in to have it updated and possibly tweak the tranny tunes. Well see how it runs with the gate not venting out both sides. Hoping the hose will hook up to my CFM port that way i dont have to take my CAC pipe off to weld a new bung in.

Did blocking the gate work?

Any updates?

Sent from my DROIDX

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Did blocking the gate work?

Any updates?

Sent from my DROIDX

Blocked the gate a couple hours ago. seems to have helped a little. I can build 38psi pretty easy. My updated livewire will be here tomorrow so daily driving will be much better. having a lot of turbo surging going on when im fairly into the throttle and shifting. Gonna try and tune in my BOV tomorrow along with clean up some wiring. Also plan on getting some vids with my GoPro. My main concerns right now are controlling the turbo surging better, and not blacking out the roads when the truck hits lock up.

Heres a short vid Power Stroke Magic shot of my truck on their dyno. No good numbers because their dyno was having some problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJPMarjTWNw&feature=youtu.be

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.