New Carolina girl

Parts Jimmy

Reaction score
Well I am a noob here myself. Not a noob to diesel trucks though. 28 years of Ford Truck experience. Let me know if I can help you.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
All kidding aside, like others said it all depends on what your use will be for the truck.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
On a serious note, if you can afford a 6.7. If not a 6.4 that has been bullet proofed. Egr delete, dpf delete, tuner, cold air intake.

Crew cab, short box, tri fold box cover, a color that is easy to keep clean. 33-35"x18's. Fuel milage tune.

Find a nice, well taken care of truck from a member if possible. There is some really nice 6.4 done up.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Welcome from Kansas... If I had to do my 6.4 purchase all over again I would look for a low mileage truck that has been tuned and deleted irregardless of voiding the warranty. 09 and 10 trucks seem to have better luck than 08's. The prices are beginning to come down for a well taken care of xlt package, which is still very nice compared to the older interiors. Good luck with whatever you choose!

deiseldiva

Reaction score
Welcome from Kansas... If I had to do my 6.4 purchase all over again I would look for a low mileage truck that has been tuned and deleted irregardless of voiding the warranty. 09 and 10 trucks seem to have better luck than 08's. The prices are beginning to come down for a well taken care of xlt package, which is still very nice compared to the older interiors. Good luck with whatever you choose!
Thanks!

deiseldiva

Reaction score
I would have to agree with a few of the guys or gals posts and ask what is the budget here before sniffing each others rear ends for another 8 pages lol
I'd like to keep it around 15-20 g. Don't want all my money tied up in a payment in case I need to add to whatever I get.

superpsd

Reaction score
Just a suggestion as well. Why not cruise around to a few dealers. Test drive a 7.3, 6.0, and 6.4 to see what you like if you haven't already. And also test the 6.7 even if it's a little out of the budget. I have seen a few 6.7s under 20k but with some miles packed on.

swinky

Reaction score
Already studded 6.0 and call it a day. Lariat or king ranch 05-07. I would NEVER buy a 6.4 if 15-20 was all I wanted to spend.

Latest posts

Members online