New street toy build

Status
Not open for further replies.

INFAMOUS

Reaction score
Are you gonna put them on the nitro? I know your not putting them on the truck...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

JMart

Reaction score
I like the way you guys cut the frame, how much did ya'll cut out? I was planning on cutting mine this weekend coming up (1 March) but the guy who's buying my flatbed backed out on me... so I'll postpone it a little longer.

Also... since you guys have already done the work... is there ANY way to make the 38 gallon tank fit? It'd be awesome to have a Regular Cab Shorty with a 38 gallon tank.

the 38 gallon has the fill prot at the front and the short bed tank has the fill port in the middle. They are both about the same length. I measured them when I had them side by side. The 38 is wider and deeper though. There isn't much room under the cab beside the transmission as it is. I don't think you would want a wider fuel tank there, if it would fit. Plus you would have to rework all the holes. Not worth it since they are only about $100 at the salvage yards.

If you could get an Excursion tank you could put it in place of the spare with a little modification and have a 40 gallon tank.

Strokersace

Reaction score
the 38 gallon has the fill prot at the front and the short bed tank has the fill port in the middle. They are both about the same length. I measured them when I had them side by side. The 38 is wider and deeper though. There isn't much room under the cab beside the transmission as it is. I don't think you would want a wider fuel tank there, if it would fit. Plus you would have to rework all the holes. Not worth it since they are only about $100 at the salvage yards.

If you could get an Excursion tank you could put it in place of the spare with a little modification and have a 40 gallon tank.

That's what I was thinking. Modify the cross members aft axle and mount a 44 gal excursion tank.

Super Diesel

Reaction score

That's what I was thinking. Modify the cross members aft axle and mount a 44 gal excursion tank.

Really?....... I might just look into doing that. Thanks! I didn't realize that the Excursion tanks were that big.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I was thinking excursion tank on mine as well. 40gal is way to big for me but location is good back there

907DAVE

Reaction score
That excursion tank is huge and bit of an eyesore on a street truck. I think it would be slick to move the filler neck inside the bed and shave the fuel door though.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Bronco tank would work. I have one too.

Might just do that with a sump at the rear

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
back in the day lots of folks did bronco tanks.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Even better would be taking the 16 ,gal tank out of my 76 and put the bronco tank in that truck and use the 16 gal in my white truck... Win win win

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
That excursion tank is huge and bit of an eyesore on a street truck. I think it would be slick to move the filler neck inside the bed and shave the fuel door though.

How far down does it stick on a truck? I have never seen one done I don't think.

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

Lowdown89

Reaction score
How far down does it stick on a truck? I have never seen one done I don't think.

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

It sticks down a pretty good bit, in the few trucks I have seen running them. Low enough that I wouldn't want to run one on a lowered truck without some kinda skid plate

Strokersace

Reaction score
It sticks down a pretty good bit, in the few trucks I have seen running them. Low enough that I wouldn't want to run one on a lowered truck without some kinda skid plate

They have their own skid plate built into their mounting. An entire metal basket if you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online