O2ShootTheJ's Build Thread

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Like I've been driving 10-15 minutes now at 55 and it's +-1 but not up to temp

gerehery.jpg

JMart

Reaction score
Check the downpipe for clearance aound the trans crossmember. I had a few issues getting mine to stay off of it. Ended up having to move a mount to higher holes in the frame. From what I heard the 4" downpipe has contact issues but I never had any problems other than that crossmember. Never hit the firewall.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
It was actually one of the hangers sitting on the frame. Think we got it handled. Still have a clunking but think that might have been the new springs moving into place.

e5agehe4.jpg

qyrygeba.jpg

My temps are 204-207 now moving in 5-10 mph traffic so I guess they aren't super low anymore. Adam said were gonna throw a tstat in first to see if that doesn't help the deltas

loboost

Reaction score
It was actually one of the hangers sitting on the frame. Think we got it handled. Still have a clunking but think that might have been the new springs moving into place.

e5agehe4.jpg

qyrygeba.jpg

My temps are 204-207 now moving in 5-10 mph traffic so I guess they aren't super low anymore. Adam said were gonna throw a tstat in first to see if that doesn't help the deltas

It should raise both temps...

IF the oil cooler is good, regardless of coolant temp, oil temp should be no more that 15* of that.

For example...you're seeing 175* ish coolant temps now with a low Delta...which is fine, other than the tstat being stuck open.

With a new tstat you should see coolant temps around 190*-200*..with oil temps within 15* of that.

What ok getting at is provided your oil cooler is in good shape, regardless of coolant temp, oil temp won't be very much higher.

Like I said a few posts back, change the t stat and go from there. I think you're good to go after a new thermostat

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
How's the condition of the old lights? Wanna sell em?

not too bad, a little pitting from road debris. I'll bring them tomorrow and you can check them out if ya want. I'm gonna be there later because I couldn't get an alignment until noon tomorrow and it's 1.5 hours from their to glen burnie so I'll probably get there around 230

It should raise both temps...

IF the oil cooler is good, regardless of coolant temp, oil temp should be no more that 15* of that.

For example...you're seeing 175* ish coolant temps now with a low Delta...which is fine, other than the tstat being stuck open.

With a new tstat you should see coolant temps around 190*-200*..with oil temps within 15* of that.

What ok getting at is provided your oil cooler is in good shape, regardless of coolant temp, oil temp won't be very much higher.

Like I said a few posts back, change the t stat and go from there. I think you're good to go after a new thermostat

yea hopefully it's just the tstat but I guess we will see when we change it. I have seen as high as 15* once but never over. A little close for comfort though

BOY I am exhausted. and I gotta get up and wash the thing in the morning too! and cut up the fender lines a little bit. Also have like 4-5" of extra U-bolt that needs to be cut down but I don't have anything here that can handle that lol

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
No way! Haha I'll get some at the MPD event today! I'm pulling a vanilla ice move building suspense

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Haha yea this thing has a lot of dents and scratches so I may have to one up him!

Here's a teaser. Wish the grill wasn't all warped from someone over tightening it

pa5una8e.jpg

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I might not make it to the MPD dyno day. Been here for an hour and they've pulled the truck into the bay, guy complained about doing all this on Saturday, then pulled it back out. Retarded

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Thanks Josh! Nothing nastier than you flying by lookin like a freight train with that hood stack haha. Your truck looks so mean!

Too bad I didn't meet anyone today lol. I knew what everyone's trucks looked like, but not what they looked like.

Anyways, here are some quick pics I took when I got home tonight. Sorry a few are blurry they looked good on the little LCD on my camera

10107661715_4cb0103f51_c.jpg

IMG_1830 by o2shootthej, on Flickr
10107722633_6e12dfbd41_c.jpg

IMG_1831 by o2shootthej, on Flickr
10107623475_255ab88622_c.jpg

IMG_1832 by o2shootthej, on Flickr
10107693173_a2c107cc15_c.jpg

IMG_1833 by o2shootthej, on Flickr
10107588665_87fd8d9efa_c.jpg

IMG_1834 by o2shootthej, on Flickr
10107571385_edff0dcf3d_c.jpg

IMG_1835 by o2shootthej, on Flickr