Project: Reliability - Its 6.0 Delete Time

Matt_P

Reaction score
Damn man thats crazy. You seem to be in good spirits about the whole deal, good luck with the recovery

Thanks man, yeah it got the adrenaline going for sure Im just glad I was able to put myself and most of the fire out before it got bad. Im doing my best to stay in good spirits as well, no point in being all down in the dumps about it! I mean yeah the cleaning the burns is my least favorite part of the day and involves a lot of cursing and punching inanimate objects LOL and just laying on an air mattress in the basement all day can get boring, but my family has been awesome as far as taking care of me, couldnt ask for more so Im very appreciative of that and I have a nice new lady friend that has been coming over every day to keep me company as well so I cant complain too much:D

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Thanks man, yeah it got the adrenaline going for sure Im just glad I was able to put myself and most of the fire out before it got bad. Im doing my best to stay in good spirits as well, no point in being all down in the dumps about it! I mean yeah the cleaning the burns is my least favorite part of the day and involves a lot of cursing and punching inanimate objects LOL and just laying on an air mattress in the basement all day can get boring, but my family has been awesome as far as taking care of me, couldnt ask for more so Im very appreciative of that and I have a nice new lady friend that has been coming over every day to keep me company as well so I cant complain too much:D

Holy **** your actually going steady with someone?! that doesn't sound like the matt popiel i know LOL

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Matt_P

Reaction score
Holy **** your actually going steady with someone?! that doesn't sound like the matt popiel i know LOL

LOL well we arent dating, Ive only been talking to her for about a month, but she is pretty cool and not crazy which is even better, so never know what it could turn in to

TyCorr

Reaction score
That picture looks pretty bad. I hope it comes around quick for ya. My buddy had 3rd degree burns on his right forearm from a camping mishap involving.campfire stove fuel. It was gruesome but his arm looks completely normal today. You should.be G2G. Wish ya best of luck.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Matt is keeping his options open. This girl must be crazy... She keeps coming back!

LOL yeah Im not sure what she sees in me!

True dat. Nuttier than squirrel chit if she keeps coming back to see Matt.

:flipa:

LOL thanks jason! Im surprised she keeps coming back too, especially cause she is actually really cool too, and believe it or not she actually asked me for my phone number the first time and told me she was hitting on me, how is that possible? LOL

That picture looks pretty bad. I hope it comes around quick for ya. My buddy had 3rd degree burns on his right forearm from a camping mishap involving.campfire stove fuel. It was gruesome but his arm looks completely normal today. You should.be G2G. Wish ya best of luck.

yeah if I come out of this with no scarring I will be incredibly happy! its looking good since I do have hair growing back already, and thank you I appreciate it!

vcassens

Reaction score
For the cleaning I remember on my cousin they used maggots or some kind of bug to clean it had a lot less pain than scrubbing it clean. It might be something to look into if the pain is unbearable.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Damn man, good luck on the recovery. This gives you a lot of time to ponder about things on the truck which aint so good. But get well soon.

Thank you! Yeah it gives me plenty of time to order the last couple of parts and probably second guess my self on a lot of what Ive done on the truck LOL

For the cleaning I remember on my cousin they used maggots or some kind of bug to clean it had a lot less pain than scrubbing it clean. It might be something to look into if the pain is unbearable.

Yeah for my cleaning I put the leg under the shower and use wash clothes and anti bacterial soap to clean real well, then use a large amount of silver sulphate cream after the leg has dried and then wrap it with gauze, followed by a medical wrap, then one of those burn socks and and ace bandage. I mean yeah it hurts real bad but I can suck it up LOL

Matt_P

Reaction score
Sounds like you have some time to catch up with your family atleast! are your brothers home for the summer?

yeah I got lots of time to catch up with the family which is definitely nice! Both my brothers are home all summer so thats even better. Im glad my brother is in pre med too cause he is real good at dressing my burns and everything so thats even better. It has been nice to be home for a little while since I normally dont get home much at all. Unfortunately Im not sure how soon Im gonna get to sleep now cuase the lady friend just left (I know amazingly she came over again LOL) and I just took my next round of drugs so now Im awake, my sleeping schedule is all kinds of screwed up now:doh:

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Holy hell dude.....at least you survived, I know that has to hurt like a sum bitch though......and when you get all healed up, start workin' those chicken legs

Matt_P

Reaction score
Holy hell dude.....at least you survived, I know that has to hurt like a sum bitch though......and when you get all healed up, start workin' those chicken legs

yeah Im glad it wasnt worse! Oh yeah it hurts like hell though, the pain isnt getting any better either! Especially today when more of the burnt skin started to come off and expose more nerve endings. I think the whole street might have heard me cursing, and yeah I need to get back in the gym when its all better too LOL

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
yeah I got lots of time to catch up with the family which is definitely nice! Both my brothers are home all summer so thats even better. Im glad my brother is in pre med too cause he is real good at dressing my burns and everything so thats even better. It has been nice to be home for a little while since I normally dont get home much at all. Unfortunately Im not sure how soon Im gonna get to sleep now cuase the lady friend just left (I know amazingly she came over again LOL) and I just took my next round of drugs so now Im awake, my sleeping schedule is all kinds of screwed up now:doh:

Thats awesome your brother can help you out! I would love to get to go home for 3 weeks or so, just not under the same circumstances as you LOL.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Thats awesome your brother can help you out! I would love to get to go home for 3 weeks or so, just not under the same circumstances as you LOL.

yeah he is a huge help! Its nice being able to visit for a while but like you said, different circumstances would be better. It sure is nice though to be in a nice air conditioned basement with healing burns, the house back in ohio has no AC

Cody

Reaction score
So you were the jackass I read about in the paper at the Bob Evans in Sidney on sunday while we were headed north who caught himself on fire fueling up a generator.. You know If you weren't so cheap you would upgrade to a campsight with power, just kidding sorry to hear bout your leg! It was hot as hell down there all weekend! A couple friends down there had generators burn up. Hope you heal quick

Matt_P

Reaction score
Geez Matt I just seen this, hope ya get better quick bud. So have you given the new gal the minivan yet? LMAO

Thanks Mike! No minivan though I sold that a while ago just got too expensive to maintain, she wants to buy a chevy truck, I told her to talk to me when she wants a real truck:swordfight:

So you were the jackass I read about in the paper at the Bob Evans in Sidney on sunday while we were headed north who caught himself on fire fueling up a generator.. You know If you weren't so cheap you would upgrade to a campsight with power, just kidding sorry to hear bout your leg! It was hot as hell down there all weekend! A couple friends down there had generators burn up. Hope you heal quick

hahaha yep that would be me! I just had to be too much of a cheapass and go for no power, just had to do something to make the newspaper LOL but thanks Cody! Yeah I heard the rest of the weekend was still incredibly hot down there.

Latest posts

Members online