Project: Reliability - Its 6.0 Delete Time

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Damn that sucks...

All I gotta say is, if I burned all the skin off between my ankle and my knee and didn't have nasty scarring, I'd be pissed!

Seriously though, hope it gets better soon man!

Matt_P

Reaction score
I totally forgot to respond to these, must have been the drugs LOL

Damn that sucks...

All I gotta say is, if I burned all the skin off between my ankle and my knee and didn't have nasty scarring, I'd be pissed!

Seriously though, hope it gets better soon man!

Yeah I wouldnt mind having a couple scars, if I dont have any at all I would be really surprised! I feel like it will be real easy to tell that all that got burned though cause all my other skin that didnt get burnt will be darker and the new skin from the burn will be dead white and I wont be able to tan at all! LOL

But thanks I appreciate it!

Sorry to hear man. That leg is brutal.

Sent from somewhere away from my desk using magic.

Thanks Jared!

The leg is getting better, the right side has healed but still needs to grow another layer of skin back, the ankle and most of the right side is still looking nasty though and the cleanings still blow! But I can finally walk normal for the most part LOL Im antsy to get back to the truck though, Im hoping in two weeks Ill be back at it.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Well after 3 weeks Im finally healed up enough that I could get back to work on the fummins, so I drove back to ohio today to spend the weekend trying to get it finished up! Finally got coolant running through it today along with a couple other small things. I got a video but my phone wont let me upload it, Ill remember my camera tomorrow.

Here is a picture of the engine almost all buttoned up! sorry for the crappy cell pic
IMG_20120727_185224.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score
Looks awesome that is one clean install. So when are you putting this one up for sale :poke:

Thanks! I did my best to keep it looking clean, I dont think Ill be selling this one for a while LOL It sounds too good just bringing it up in the RPMs sitting, the real test will be on the road though

Sweet! Ill be up at Wapak sunday for the dirt drags so ill get ahold of you!

Sounds good Mink! Im down for some dirt drags

Matt_P

Reaction score
hows the leg doing bud?

Its doing a lot better, its all closed up and now it itches like no other, it basically looks like I have one big bruise on my leg now. Still gotta keep it wrapped at all times cause the skin is very weak, I bumped my leg on a smooth wooden stool when it was unwrapped and it cut it open, but its getting there.

Got more done on the truck today, got all five gauges wired up and working right. Im not sure if its normal for a brand new engine or not but its making a lot of oil pressure, about 70psi at idle and when I rev it up it pegs the guage at 100psi, not sure if this is something I should be concerned about or not.

But I just have to finish the exhaust, make the trans shifter linkage mount, make the intake, put the front end back on and hook up the alternator charging wire and its pretty much done

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Its doing a lot better, its all closed up and now it itches like no other, it basically looks like I have one big bruise on my leg now. Still gotta keep it wrapped at all times cause the skin is very weak, I bumped my leg on a smooth wooden stool when it was unwrapped and it cut it open, but its getting there.

Got more done on the truck today, got all five gauges wired up and working right. Im not sure if its normal for a brand new engine or not but its making a lot of oil pressure, about 70psi at idle and when I rev it up it pegs the guage at 100psi, not sure if this is something I should be concerned about or not.

But I just have to finish the exhaust, make the trans shifter linkage mount, make the intake, put the front end back on and hook up the alternator charging wire and its pretty much done

Glad your back working on it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Matt_P

Reaction score
Glad your back working on it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Damn sounds good Matt

Thanks guys!

Made a ton of progress today, All the help from Jason, Bryan and Mink made things go a lot quicker today! Basically the truck is ready for a test drive minus one stupid oil leak issue. Today I got the rest of the exhaust made, intake made, shift linkage made (huge thanks to jason for the help with that). Soldered in the last couple wires. Put the fan on, bled the brakes from the cab being off, put the front end back on. Ran the tcase wiring harness. Then some small odds and ends.

I meant to get a video with the exhaust and everything hooked up but I forgot, but it sounds dam good! The turbo has plenty of whistle to it. I even put the truck in drive for the first time and it moved about 3 inches under its own power LOL

So I had it ready for the test drive when the one oil leak Ive had since I first fired the engine bit me in the ass. The oil feed line fitting for the powersteering/vaccum pump has never stopped leaking and its a steady leak. Ive tried plenty of fittings with no luck. Well then the hydroboost fitting on the back of the pump started leaking too. Then the threads on the pump for the oil feed stripped out. So of course the last non new part is preventing me from driving the truck, gonna have to try putting a new pump on tomorrow to finally drive it.

Here are some pics:

All 5 gauges installed now:
DSCN1505.jpg

Exhaust piece:
DSCN1506.jpg

Installed:
DSCN1512.jpg

DSCN1513.jpg

Shift lever with ford lever welded on:
DSCN1507.jpg

Shift linkage mount:
DSCN1508.jpg