Project: Reliability - Its 6.0 Delete Time

Matt_P

Reaction score
Thats awesome Matt!! Let me know when you get it back up here i want to come check it out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks konnor! And will do

This thing done yet? LOL

Haha not quite

Hope you get it done today!

Sent from somewhere between the middle of the corn field

Thanks! Unfortunately its fighting me again, took care of the oil leak by putting a new ps pump on this morning but the hydroboost line still leak ls a ton so I'm trying to find a new line right now

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Thanks! Unfortunately its fighting me again, took care of the oil leak by putting a new ps pump on this morning but the hydroboost line still leak ls a ton so I'm trying to find a new line right now

Get that thing done so I can drive it for a while after you go back North. LOL

Matt_P

Reaction score
Get that thing done so I can drive it for a while after you go back North. LOL

LOL well I did my best its all ready to go minus the the hydroboost line that wont stop spraying out fluid.:doh: I need to get that figured out so you can break the truck in some for me!

Hell yeah Matt......so close

Thanks Julian!

Glad to see its almost road ready Matt

Thanks Dave!

looks good Matt, hurry and get it finished SDX is only 4 weeks away:poke:

Thanks! I really want it ready for SDX, unfortuanly I had to go back to Illinois for a couple weeks but Im gonna do my best to have it ready!

Once you get it going you gotta get some good video.

Sent from my Motorola razr (flip phone)

Oh yeah Ill be sure to get plenty of good videos!

So for an update, I got the oil leak fixed but the hydrobost line that goes to the back of the powersteering pump wouldnt stop spraying out fluid. I tried a new oring on it and still did the same. So I think I need to get a new dodge end fitting for it and try. Unfortunately I couldnt get on before having to head back north. Other than that the truck is all ready for a test drive!

Of course I had another hold up yesterday when I got a metal shaving stuck in my eye and had to go to the ER. They couldnt get it out cause it was too deep so I went to an eye doctor this morning and they got it out. I had to wear an eyepatch yesterday so between that and my leg all wrapped I was looking great LOL

I did manage to get two videos for you guys though:

Start up and walk around video:

th_DSCN1520.jpg

Bringing it up in the RPMs a little:
th_DSCN1521.jpg

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
LOL well I did my best its all ready to go minus the the hydroboost line that wont stop spraying out fluid.:doh: I need to get that figured out so you can break the truck in some for me!

Get me the line or let me know what it needs and I'll install the damn thing.

In the mean time - I think we need to get you a bubble:

bubble_boy_filtered.jpg

dirtflinger92

Reaction score
If you would stop getting hurt the truck would be done by now lol

Matt_P

Reaction score
Get me the line or let me know what it needs and I'll install the damn thing.

In the mean time - I think we need to get you a bubble:

bubble_boy_filtered.jpg

haha yeah I know it sucks that stupid little issue kept it from a test drive. I went over to Stokes custom hose and talked to him about it. He didnt have the right size fitting since it wasnt one he stocked. he gave me the oring that didnt end up fixing it. He said though that he could get me the fitting and make me a nice line so Im really considering that so I dont have a flared fitting in the line. Dodge wants 150 for a new hyrdroboost line. If you want I can call you later or something an we can discuss the best solution further.

And you are correct a bubble may be in order for me. I dunno what my problem is! My family agrees a bubble may be necessary too LOL

If you would stop getting hurt the truck would be done by now lol

LOL isnt that the truth, wouldnt been done at least a month ago!

Snake

Reaction score
I had to wear an eyepatch yesterday so between that and my leg all wrapped I was looking great LOL

Mods, please change his user name to Matt_Pirate. It's fitting considering the eye patch and peg leg.

Matt -- hang in there man! Can't wait to see this thing moving under it's own power. And I'll ban myself right now if you have a parrot. LOL

Matt_P

Reaction score
Mods, please change his user name to Matt_Pirate. It's fitting considering the eye patch and peg leg.

Matt -- hang in there man! Can't wait to see this thing moving under it's own power. And I'll ban myself right now if you have a parrot. LOL

LOL that would be a very fitting user name right now. Actually everyone in my family and most of my friends have brought up the pirate thing too LOL

And thanks! Im ready to take it for a test drive, but dont worry no parrot here LOL

Matt you have the worst luck lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

haha yeah my luck has not been great this past month

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
haha yeah I know it sucks that stupid little issue kept it from a test drive. I went over to Stokes custom hose and talked to him about it. He didnt have the right size fitting since it wasnt one he stocked. he gave me the oring that didnt end up fixing it. He said though that he could get me the fitting and make me a nice line so Im really considering that so I dont have a flared fitting in the line. Dodge wants 150 for a new hyrdroboost line. If you want I can call you later or something an we can discuss the best solution further.

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr you gettin some of the rotten luck your trucks have had for the past years?

Seriously though, have the line made. If its less than perfect it will let you down.

Sorry about the eye bud. I used to wear safety glasses at all times, but I've got lazy in the last few years. I should probably fix that.

Matt_P

Reaction score
I see somebody decided to find me a new Avatar LOL .... Jason:poke:

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr you gettin some of the rotten luck your trucks have had for the past years?

Seriously though, have the line made. If its less than perfect it will let you down.

Sorry about the eye bud. I used to wear safety glasses at all times, but I've got lazy in the last few years. I should probably fix that.

LOL I think I might just be getting that luck, lets hope that ends soon! Im getting sick of doctors, oh wait I gotta go to the dentist still tomorrow:doh:

But yeah your right Im definitely gonna get the line made, Ive made a point of not half assing this build so I might as well get that made the correct way.

And thanks, Ive been real bad about wearing safety glasses lately as well, this was a good lesson though to start wearing them at all times when they are necessary

Matt_P

Reaction score
You get this thing outa the shop yet?

Unfortunately not yet, Im stuck back in chicago still until the 16th. I do have a new vaccum/ps pump on the way along with a new set of hydroboost lines that should hopefully solve my issue so I can take the first test drive. Believe me Im itching to get back there and get it on the road!

Then I just need to hope all my research and wiring works out with the transmission so itll shift LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.