Project: Reliability - Its 6.0 Delete Time

Matt_P

Reaction score
Ok quick question thats kinda bothering me. I cant get the truck to crank over when I turn over the ignition. Im positive I screwed something up.

What I did that I thought would work is I cut the Black wire on connector 1 of the PCM which runs from the control side of the starter relay to the PCM which then runs to the park/neutral switch. Now I figured the p/n when its in either of those positions will just ground out and close the circuit so it will crank. So thats why I grounded the black wire. But nothing at all happened.

So I guess what Im wondering is what did you guys do to make this work? I thought about just running right off the ignition wire and running a relay under the hood this way instead.

Thoughts? Just trying to decide the best way to go

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Ok quick question thats kinda bothering me. I cant get the truck to crank over when I turn over the ignition. Im positive I screwed something up.

What I did that I thought would work is I cut the Black wire on connector 1 of the PCM which runs from the control side of the starter relay to the PCM which then runs to the park/neutral switch. Now I figured the p/n when its in either of those positions will just ground out and close the circuit so it will crank. So thats why I grounded the black wire. But nothing at all happened.

So I guess what Im wondering is what did you guys do to make this work? I thought about just running right off the ignition wire and running a relay under the hood this way instead.

Thoughts? Just trying to decide the best way to go

Went a few pages back and seen this.....

looks good Matt, for the P/N safety I used the P/N wire (ground when in these positions) off the trans harness and ran it to a relay for the starter circuit

Matt_P

Reaction score
Went a few pages back and seen this.....

Hmm I forgot about that, I need to send him a PM then and see exactly how he wired it to a relay to make it work. Thanks! All the non stop wiring the past 3 days is starting to drive me a little nuts

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
I dont mind wiring, kinda enjoy it but after a while I get sick of it.

Last edited:

Matt_P

Reaction score
I dont mind wiring, kinda enjoy it but after a while I get sick of it.

Yeah I dont mind it too much either, but Ive definitely got to the point that Im sick of it LOL mainly due to the trans wiring, plus it wasnt the most fun in the 104 degree weather today

Matt_P

Reaction score
good progress made today. I solved my starter wiring dilemna by using a 7.3 starter relay. Then I got all my shutoff solenoid wiring finished along with all the tranny wiring and turned the key and the truck fired right up! Im pretty impressed by how easily it starts. No grid heater hooked up and still plenty of air in the system, but cranked over three times and started right up on one battery! It runs smooth still and revs up nice and smooth as well so Im happy.

Got the intercooler pipes and downpipe all finished and welded up, Just gotta finish welding the lower radiator hose, mount a coolant tank and feed to lower radiator hose. Finish the exhaust past the downpipe. Put the front end back on and make my shifter linkage mount on the tranny and it should be ready for a test drive!

Matt_P

Reaction score
well guys unfortunately it doesnt look like Ill be working on the truck for a month or so. Had a little mishap last night while filling a generator up, got it all filled and the fumes caught spark and sent a nice little fireball up my right leg. So I went to the ER last night with 2nd degree burns and possibly some 3rd degree to my right leg from just below the ankle to just above the top of my knee. Also got second degree burns on my right thumb from the gas can catching on fire as well.

So this morning at 6 I got drove back home to chicago and went to a burn center this morning since the burns covered 10% of my body. They told me no going to class 2-3 weeks along with absolutely no working on vehicles for risk of spread of infection, plus no driving cause of the painkillers Im on, so bascially I gotta do a whole lot of sitting on a couch. This sucks!

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
well guys unfortunately it doesnt look like Ill be working on the truck for a month or so. Had a little mishap last night while filling a generator up, got it all filled and the fumes caught spark and sent a nice little fireball up my right leg. So I went to the ER last night with 2nd degree burns and possibly some 3rd degree to my right leg from just below the ankle to just above the top of my knee. Also got second degree burns on my right thumb from the gas can catching on fire as well.

So this morning at 6 I got drove back home to chicago and went to a burn center this morning since the burns covered 10% of my body. They told me no going to class 2-3 weeks along with absolutely no working on vehicles for risk of spread of infection, plus no driving cause of the painkillers Im on, so bascially I gotta do a whole lot of sitting on a couch. This sucks!

That sucks man!! Get better soon!

Latest posts

Members online