question/tips/tricks/advice/how to thread

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Didnt realize I could have bought a 90° fumoto valve until after I bought this one but I recommend this to ALL 6.7 owners. Way cleaner this way. Lol... first time I changed the oil I got covered in it... both my 7.3s have them. Way way handy. Zip ties are just to keep it curved.
gyzypu5e.jpg
uruby8ah.jpg

live life full throttle

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Yeah but I learned my lesson with my last truck . They wouldn't cover a few things under warranty because there was no maintenance record.

So now they do EVERYTHING that needs to be done. It helps that I got 5 free oil changes with the purchase also.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Yeah but I learned my lesson with my last truck . They wouldn't cover a few things under warranty because there was no maintenance record.

So now they do EVERYTHING that needs to be done. It helps that I got 5 free oil changes with the purchase also.

Chit, what didn't you get!? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Chit, what didn't you get!? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They put all the money into the leather package , leveling kit, tires, wheels, sprayed liner, visors and off-road package (whatever that means) and then it sits for a year. Lol they were so happy it was about to get sold I could have gotten a kidney from the GM.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i have a fumoto for my truck havent gone far enough for an oil change. but mine is a straight as well.

sagebel

Reaction score
I need to get a fumoto for the wife's Escape. It does the same thing as the truck: shoots straight out the back if the pan. At least they didn't go with the early 6.7 setup with the 1/4 turn plastic plug. I hope that engineer got fired.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I think this was my second oil change with it in... very nice and clean. Other then the oil filter being a messy SOB,even with a punched hole in the bottom, is the only messy part..
The 1/4 turn plug just seams ***ed up. Ive never messed with those..

live life full throttle

sagebel

Reaction score
I think this was my second oil change with it in... very nice and clean. Other then the oil filter being a messy SOB,even with a punched hole in the bottom, is the only messy part..
The 1/4 turn plug just seams ***ed up. Ive never messed with those..

live life full throttle

I have yet to figure out how to not have oil pour out over the entire filter even with a hole punched in it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have yet to figure out how to not have oil pour out over the entire filter even with a hole punched in it.

Yeah, evidently the anti drain back on these filters are spot on... ive punched a couple holes in it in various spots and let it drain till it was done dripping and still to have a lot of oil run out over it.

Side note- went to get the delo 5w40 from walmart the other day and they only had 2 gallon. Went to all the other parts stores to find some and nobody carries it except walmart..... so I grabbed some mobile 1 at auto zone. Threw it up on the counter and it rang up at $14.95 a GALLON!... asked if the screen was right, the guy said hang on a min. Manager double checked it and said yup... I turned around and walked back and got the other 5 gallon that was in stock..... score for me!
Also found some deals on air, fuel, and oil filters today and ordered them...

live life full throttle

Dzchey21

Reaction score

FM theory...

Its bull

i have just been loosening the filter and draining into a container with a funnel. still not super clean but better than the hole.

Duckdawg

Reaction score
How can you tell if the dpf is starting to clog? I have a 2011 with mini max for the last 5 or 6 thousand miles and my mpg has dropped from 17 or 18 to 13 or 14 any ideas what would cause it

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
How can you tell if the dpf is starting to clog? I have a 2011 with mini max for the last 5 or 6 thousand miles and my mpg has dropped from 17 or 18 to 13 or 14 any ideas what would cause it

Boost levels still the same cruising and wot?

just ordered fumoto valves for both trucks. Had one on the 6.4 and loved it.

Hell yeah man!

I recommend putting a jack under the front diff and lifting it up. If not, some of the old oil stays in it cuz of the rear facing plug and the thickness of the threads on the valve. Unless you guys dont care about a little old oil leftover. As black as the oil is, id rather get it all out!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.