question/tips/tricks/advice/how to thread

LovetheTide

Reaction score
Do these trucks typically regen after 500 miles on the highway? Mine did today after I believe regening
Yesterday or the day before. I feel like mine is doing it more than normal from what I've read.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
All depends on rpm and fuel condition... but yes 500 to 600 miles on the freeway is where mine will normally regen.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Anyone know what the issues where with the cold air intakes and it setting a cel for the mass air sensor? Only thing I could find was that the tubes diameter was to small and I guess choking it down....

live life full throttle

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Anyone know what the issues where with the cold air intakes and it setting a cel for the mass air sensor? Only thing I could find was that the tubes diameter was to small and I guess choking it down....

live life full throttle

I have heard the same thing if you are trying to do it with no tuner. I never got an answer on if it can be fixed without tuning.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have heard the same thing if you are trying to do it with no tuner. I never got an answer on if it can be fixed without tuning.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Only thing I found is the cai companies re did the tube to allow better flow but I dont know if that was the fix or if they re positioned the maf sensor....

Asking cuz i want to redo the filter setup to what I posted before.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thought you wanted to remain stock...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

You ever change the filter in the stock box and in 8k miles have it be matted with dirt/dust across the bottom of the filter? Plus, im not doing it for a while yet.. getting the ducks in a row cuz I refuse to put a cone oiled filter on my truck.

live life full throttle

sagebel

Reaction score
I don't remember what it was but when I bought the aFE for my '11 there was a piece of paper with it that said you may or may not throw a code. I never saw a code and I ran the filter without a tuner for about six months. I would think that if you locate the MAF the same distance from the filter as it is on the stock housing it should be alright. By retaining the stock plastic "piping" you shouldn't have any flow issues.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i just replaced mine at 20,000 and it wasnt that bad, OEMs have always claimed that you should leave the filter in untill the filter minder begins to be pulled in and then thats when you replace the filters. Dirty filters (to a point) actually filter better than a brand new one.

Now logic on my end says eventually if its bad enough you need to at least knock some of the crap out of it at least

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i just replaced mine at 20,000 and it wasnt that bad, OEMs have always claimed that you should leave the filter in untill the filter minder begins to be pulled in and then thats when you replace the filters. Dirty filters (to a point) actually filter better than a brand new one.

Now logic on my end says eventually if its bad enough you need to at least knock some of the crap out of it at least

This is the pic I posted before. I blew it out at 8k miles and had just under 15k on kt when I took it out.... Took this pic after
I threw it on the ground and dislodged all the matting across the bottom.... have 5k miles on the new filter and it looks sorta like this already.
3ygezy2a.jpg

Going to put this in.
vahave3y.jpg

What are you using to feed into the turbo end?

The only thing ill change is the air box end. From the flex tube to the fender will be the only thing I delete and get a 45° 4in piece of pipe to got from black flex tube to the big filter with provisions for the maf sensor. Kinda like the 6637 filter mod for a 7.3 only this one flows is 200 or 300 cfm more then the 6637.

live life full throttle

Last edited:

sagebel

Reaction score
That's what I thought you were doing. My point is that you won't have any more restriction than stock down stream of the MAF.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
how did you break the ground wire? due to the salt on the roads up there rotted it out?

no fuggin idea man... especially above the spare tire...

don't know how that screwed up the DEF system codes but there was 14 codes and all but i think 3(that i couldn't even find info on) where all linked to the def system..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.