question/tips/tricks/advice/how to thread

redracer62

Reaction score
Isn't there a home button or something? I know there is a black screen area where you select "phone" "Climate" "Map" and "radio" or something to that effect. My mom's 12 150 and my pioneer head unit have a "day" and "night" setting that dims the map, try that as well. Probably under options somewhere.

If I get up early enough, I'm going to go hassle a dealer and I'll look too.

Yeah I tried the day and night thing but it seems like it only works when using the navigation. It's either a white map or black.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Go in the settings and turn the courtesy wipe off its in there mine doesn't do it that I recollect. It's a setting so you can wash your windshield and it pauses then wipes it one last time so it's clear.

I have my courtesy wipe turned on but I was more worried about it messing with the radio settings more then the wipe itself...

Anybody else find the need to change their air filter every 5k miles or whenever you change the oil? I feel the need to every time mine gets filthy.

Yeah, those get filled up quickly. I posted a pic here somewhere of my air filter at 15k miles and the bottom was just about completely matted over... ****ty part is I even blew it out with the airgun at 8k miles.... I will not run a cone filter or oiled filter on my trucks ever again so im going to make this one work when I get the time... I posted these before too..
jyru7y4a.jpg

live life full throttle

RedRice589

Reaction score
Ya i should :D But its one of those on off things right now. But the next one might have a smart phone and ill be in the same boat. Thats why i was wondering.

They shouldn't pair up automatically though I know mine you have to go in manually and do it and I just want it set to my phone only.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have mine set as the favorite phone or what ever it calls it and if my fiancé gets in the truck it will almost always connect hers before mine for some reason, both even have I phone 5's. I have no idea why it connects hers over mine even though I have mine set to connect over all others. To solve the problem I took her phone off the list LOL

12stroker

Reaction score
I have mine set as the favorite phone or what ever it calls it and if my fiancé gets in the truck it will almost always connect hers before mine for some reason, both even have I phone 5's. I have no idea why it connects hers over mine even though I have mine set to connect over all others. To solve the problem I took her phone off the list LOL

My truck only has mine as the sync phone. For this reason LOL

gfulton

Reaction score
when I start the truck the nav. screen is only half way displayed the right half is a ford logo or radio info. Is there a way too get a full sreen when I first inialize it without hitting map or touching the screen........Gary.........Merry Christmas guys and gals

Last edited:

LovetheTide

Reaction score
So far I've put roughly 1,500 miles on my truck(bought with 28K on it) without the DEF cleaning, I assume primarily to the majority being highway miles. Occasionally while cruising in town it will say cleaning DEF for maybe 3-5 seconds then it will disappear. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm trying to figure out why it flashes this but immediately goes away soon after.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So far I've put roughly 1,500 miles on my truck(bought with 28K on it) without the DEF cleaning, I assume primarily to the majority being highway miles. Occasionally while cruising in town it will say cleaning DEF for maybe 3-5 seconds then it will disappear. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm trying to figure out why it flashes this but immediately goes away soon after.

It should say cleaning exhaust filter, and yeah it just pops up and you lose 5-6 mpg for 20 min to 30 min till its done... cleans exhaust filter less during freeway speeds...

live life full throttle

LovetheTide

Reaction score
Would it not say it the entire time it is cleaning the filter? The only time I see it is for a few seconds then is disappears.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
WTH did you do?

sad part is nothing... def is full and locker isnt engaged. .. no brake tail or turn signals when headlights are turned on..

Yes I do. I try not to pay attention to it though.:cursing:

Next time it regens watch the green screen. It will drop to around 10mpg till its done regening

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.