Sagging bad with gooseneck

03f3507.3

Reaction score
Thats crazy I know I have a F350 but my trailer weighs in right at 8k lbs empty and hauled a 21k lb dozer on it a few months back and it wasnt sitting on the stops but it was hitting the overloads on bumps ha

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
That sucks. My '03 never sat that low, with a similar trailer. This truck had a leveling kit with 33's as well, so it looks worse than it should. 150k miles on the stock F-250 rear springs.

2565246a.jpg

IDP

Reaction score
Might wanna adjust the neck a little too, trailer looks pretty level. Might be trying to pick up the whole trailer. Ford did pussy them up a little.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
That trailer has way to much tounge wait, your towing that heavy with a short bed truck, and if its a 250 it has less leafs than the 350s and nearly everyone ive seen doesnt have a set of overload springs. It needs some air bags or a full set of beafed up springs. Like some others have said. it dont take much and i can set my truck down on the over loads but once they hit the overloads it takes a heck of a load to get it sag any more.

i also agree with weight distrabution. if you just had hunting gear in the back and the front is a living quaters then you have way to much weight in the front and not enought in the back to level it back out.

hope it made it to where you were going and back home.

Mpoage

Reaction score
This is with a 4 inch block in the rear. pulling this trailer without it would put the truck within a 1/4 inch of the bumps and it would hit on a bumpy road. The 250's dont have factory overloads

2012-05-24111556.jpg

2012-05-24111545.jpg

Since I put a 4 inch block in it got rid of the factory stoppers but if it still had them even with this 4 inch block it would have been on them.

2012-05-31135656.jpg

This is how the truck sits without a trailer.

2012-05-23135820.jpg

And to be honest my 6.4 squats just as bad as my 6.7.

Mpoage

Reaction score
I ordered airlift bags for mine today. :)
Good idea :thumbup:

My next new truck will have them. I dont like mine squatting when im pulling our Can-am Commander to the dunes on a little bumper pull trailer.

TyCorr

Reaction score
When did the 250s stop.receiving overloads as part of the trailer tow package? My 00 has them, my 03 had em but was a one ton. My six inch springs are stiffer than an overload on a stock truck so I can't relate to this problem. Hell, my 12 dmax doesn't sag that bad. With no overloads!

03f3507.3

Reaction score
When did the 250s stop.receiving overloads as part of the trailer tow package? My 00 has them, my 03 had em but was a one ton. My six inch springs are stiffer than an overload on a stock truck so I can't relate to this problem. Hell, my 12 dmax doesn't sag that bad. With no overloads!

I believe the overloads come as part of the camper package thats why i ordered it on my 2012

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Maybe ill have to look. What kind of bags do you have on your truck why not?

Firestone Bags. When I put a taller block in back I will just have the block made with a mount for the bags put on it. That way I don't have to worry about the bags being to short.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
That would be a cool kit if I wasn't already lifted. It's a neat setup

when i looked last time they made them for trucks with up to a 6" lift. being i have a 4.5" kit i shouldnt have any issues. My only thing is think i would have to loose my OUO traction bars and i cant find anyone local who has it already installed. Id like to ride in a truck loaded and un loaded with the kit before id decided to do it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.