SRP 1 Failure

TyCorr

Reaction score
You might be able to get most of your money back if you advertise it as a rebuilt failed unit and make sure that its in the deal that they might be taking a risk as does anyone... at least you might get enough out of it to almost buy a pump you want.

live life full throttle

Yea, that's a thought.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Yea, he tried that one on me too. My stock injectors were visually inspected as the truck ran for excessive hpo leaks and the one was spilling a little more but not bad. They were re-oringed and inspected by a local diesel shop who sells and warrants Alliant injectors. They said my injectors weren't like new but certainly weren't cause for starting issues. I've had 3 people take a gander at my truck to confirm my own suspicions as I'm not a mechanic by trade. I even bounced all this crap off of lincolnlocker back in early February and he even thought "it sounds like your hpop is going bad".

He has rebuttal after rebuttal so don't even bother. Send that dad gum thing in and move on.

Right? That's exactly what I am thinking.
I talked to a friend of mine who does work on big rigs. He said the only time he has heard of the problems I am having (i.e. high EGT's and hot start problems) were when they had pump problems.

How many miles are on those injectors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine have like 3,500 on them, if that. Replaced the o-rings on them too, in hopes that my problems may have been from a bad o-ring.

m j

Reaction score
what engine does your big rig mechanic have experience with HUEI pumps?the baby 3126 has one but hard to call a 7.3l cat big rig

TyCorr

Reaction score
He works on a large farm. I believe they have two IH I-530's, I'd have to ask though.

Don't mind him. He's the new whatever guy. Like the obs350 guy who knew everything and got banned. Like that other asswipe with Paul Newman as his profile pic. Banned. This guy is passing a bunch of people off too and anybody that's been around a while can see the pattern repeating itself with this guy.

You've been fine thus far and I wouldn't worry about him too much.

hucorey

Reaction score
I agree with all y'all are saying about stealth. I have a 1.1 so far with no issues and 2000 miles on it but in not holding my breath. Buddy of mine got fudged from Charlie at Sniper (used a different user name on fleabay to sell a known bad pump). I sent it in through my shop hoping it would get done a little sooner and Gary has had it for a month with no returned calls.

Why the F is it so hard for shops to offer good customer service. If your parts break under warranty, then fix it and send it back, no questions asked unless its blatantly obvious its customer abuse.

And if your that far behind, then hire someone.

02BigD

Reaction score
Wtf is huei? You mean heui?

Huey-Lewis-M-10.jpg

old man dave

Reaction score
Don't mind him. He's the new whatever guy. Like the obs350 guy who knew everything and got banned. Like that other asswipe with Paul Newman as his profile pic. Banned. This guy is passing a bunch of people off too and anybody that's been around a while can see the pattern repeating itself with this guy.

You've been fine thus far and I wouldn't worry about him too much.

I was wondering just how many other people felt the same as me.:thumbup:

old man dave

Reaction score
I agree with all y'all are saying about stealth. I have a 1.1 so far with no issues and 2000 miles on it but in not holding my breath. Buddy of mine got fudged from Charlie at Sniper (used a different user name on fleabay to sell a known bad pump). I sent it in through my shop hoping it would get done a little sooner and Gary has had it for a month with no returned calls.

Why the F is it so hard for shops to offer good customer service. If your parts break under warranty, then fix it and send it back, no questions asked unless its blatantly obvious its customer abuse.

And if your that far behind, then hire someone.

A friend talked to a guy at the Bakersfield drags (I know him also, goes by BigGreen97) whose SRP1.1 broke. Gary said he had no parts to fix the pump so rebuilt the SRP1.1 to 15* specs. But it got fixed! What a deal!:thumbsup:

BigGreen's truck still did 487hp (238 hybrids) there with the 15* pump on Maddog's old dyno.

Last edited:

Gotti2k7

Reaction score
I'm thru ****ing with this garbage. 3 weeks of emails. Calls, nothing. Emailed Tim at P.I.S on a Sunday none the less. And got a answer. He's got HB Jr's on the shelf. Prolly gonna yack this piece of **** SRP1 and use the junk as a core. So Fn sad. Now we gotta figure out what to do with the other truck that has one that has less than a 100 miles on his. Before that one takes the dump.

hucorey

Reaction score
Sad to say but Gary will end up slitting his own throat due to this type of service. As much as DynoProven just gives me an uneasy feeling on how they conduct business, I have to say they are setting themselves up very well with the HB pump. Continue their RnD on it and track customer complaints/positive results and adjust accordingly...they're golden on their pumps. The other players are pretty much opening the door for them.

Latest posts

Members online