Test mule build

Status
Not open for further replies.

HD F250

Reaction score
I know Shone, I won't be adding any nitrous until I see if fuel only quenches my thirst or I end up getting selected for a challenge next year.

AllanB

Reaction score
Cudos to Elite for going through the expense, labor, and time to get as detailed info as can be had. Subd.

webb06

Reaction score
how quick before the 72mm gets tested? hoping to get one of the test turbos when you sell it

Wayne

Reaction score
Glad to do the testing. Everybody benefits from the info we're gathering, especially us as we have huge amounts of data we can use to improve our product. There will only be one 72.4 mm test turbo as of now, and it's about 2 weeks from going on, and will be on for a couple months to do all the VGT testing. That one won't make the "used turbos for sale" list though because we have other plans for it when it comes off my truck. At that point, the stock frame 76 will finally get tested.

Wayne

Reaction score
Thanks. I was quite pleased that 60 hp nozzles on spray, and a streetable tune can carry 37" tires to almost 900 uncorrected. I'm sure we could do more on a "nitrous only" tune with more pulse width than my 2.23 ms cap, but I'd probably forget, and end up burning up my valves.

Motostroker

Reaction score
76/59 setup with 60hp nozzles. But can I run without a gate? I have all airflow upgrades known to man, from 6.0 manis to the exhaust tip.

Motostroker

Reaction score
Sorry to derail. I have been waiting to see if you were going to test that setup I mentioned

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Sorry to derail. I have been waiting to see if you were going to test that setup I mentioned

I would put a gate on it forsure. If something happens, you out lots of money for the little bit for the gate setup.

Wayne

Reaction score
76/59 setup with 60hp nozzles. But can I run without a gate? I have all airflow upgrades known to man, from 6.0 manis to the exhaust tip.

We will be testing that 76/59 setup, but it's a couple months away. You might be able to get away without a gate if you don't spray it, but why spare such a relatively small expense when it's nothing but good insurance? If you did spray with that combo, you would be a fool to not gate it. Even at 6000 ft, I've had my atmospheric turbo alone build more than 40 psi of boost, (no nitrous) towing full throttle up a hill.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
You're both correct. :tree:'d LOL 1200 is the max for both HP and TQ. When I step up to 110's, and some larger turbos later this coming spring, I'm hoping to max out both with the nitrous on "kill" as nobody's done that on his dyno yet. It may just be a pipe dream though as that's a huge amount of power. I suspect another lifted truck
1210dp_03+how_he_did_it+ford_super_duty_on_drag_strip.jpg
:lookaround: getting built at our shop will beat me to that challenge though if I ever make it.

Let's break that damn thing. LOL

This baby only needs the bottle for points. One event is all that I plan on using it.

Danny26

Reaction score
We will be testing that 76/59 setup, but it's a couple months away. You might be able to get away without a gate if you don't spray it, but why spare such a relatively small expense when it's nothing but good insurance? If you did spray with that combo, you would be a fool to not gate it. Even at 6000 ft, I've had my atmospheric turbo alone build more than 40 psi of boost, (no nitrous) towing full throttle up a hill.

I know someone with an identical set-up to yours who would be willing to test the 59/76 sooner, just sayin.....:D

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I know someone with a close setup that would be willing to test the 59/88 sooner, just sayin......:postwhore2:

Danny26

Reaction score
I know someone with a close setup that would be willing to test the 59/88 sooner, just sayin......:postwhore2:

59/88 is already for sale on the website, so get on it! Curious to see how that set-up will run...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online