Test mule build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Reaction score
798225_10200123251098093_577501866_o.jpg

Here's the nitrous graph for today. That's spraying everything those solenoids will flow. I think there's a little more power on tap with these injectors, but we'll never know, at least on this truck because I won't be adding more than I already have.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
798225_10200123251098093_577501866_o.jpg

Here's the nitrous graph for today. That's spraying everything those solenoids will flow. I think there's a little more power on tap with these injectors, but we'll never know, at least on this truck because I won't be adding more than I already have.

Legit numbers buddy

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
That's awesome Wayne. What turbos is this with? This is with (2) .120 jets correct?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Ok probably a really stupid question but why the flat line at 1200 torque? Glitch or something? Really nice numbers though!

Wayne

Reaction score
Thanks fella's. Jerry, the turbo really doesn't matter, but now I have a stock VGT, and K31 style with a batmowheel. It actually has two .136 jets, but my next size down is .110, and the solenoids only have a .120 orifice though, so you're essentially correct. Good thing I have a gate though. I've got it dialed so at full tilt, it's almost maximizing the back pressure gauge.

One of the best things I learned today was the value of bottle/line pressure. The graph is of the first run, at 1100 psi(top of the "green" section of the gauge). 3 runs later, when the bottle was at 900 psi (bottom of the "green" section of the gauge) I was down about 100 HP.

Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
I'm sure its just maxed out the dyno

I am sure 1200 is where the dyno maxed out at.

You're both correct. :tree:'d LOL 1200 is the max for both HP and TQ. When I step up to 110's, and some larger turbos later this coming spring, I'm hoping to max out both with the nitrous on "kill" as nobody's done that on his dyno yet. It may just be a pipe dream though as that's a huge amount of power. I suspect another lifted truck
1210dp_03+how_he_did_it+ford_super_duty_on_drag_strip.jpg
:lookaround: getting built at our shop will beat me to that challenge though if I ever make it.

HD F250

Reaction score
Great results Wayne. Very impressive numbers!!!

As we have discussed, I am Nitrous stupid, but I assume that after a couple of passes at track, dyno, etc the bottle pressure drops and the HP falls off with it. So I assume for a day of racing, I would want more than one bottle to stay at max PSI to be consistent.

PS....I seen JD's crappy video and it looked like a fun night of testing.LOL

Wayne

Reaction score
Great results Wayne. Very impressive numbers!!!

As we have discussed, I am Nitrous stupid, but I assume that after a couple of passes at track, dyno, etc the bottle pressure drops and the HP falls off with it. So I assume for a day of racing, I would want more than one bottle to stay at max PSI to be consistent.

PS....I seen JD's crappy video and it looked like a fun night of testing.LOL
<:D

Yep. my truck wouldn't drop pressure at the track as fast as I did today though because each run was about 5 minutes apart; just long enough to keep ECT and EOT in the ideal range. A good bottle heater will usually keep up with normal demands until the usable pressure is gone. At DPC last year, we had 2 spare bottles just in case, but only used 1, just to keep up between events on the second day IIRC. If I ran nitrous on a frequent basis, or could justify the expense now, I would definitely get an in-cab gauge, and remote bottle opener.

Wayne

Reaction score
Who needs a remote opener :ford:

37890_1518834286336_2765204_n.jpg
That setup looks way nice, but this thing still has to haul my family, scouts, etc., so that setup is out of the question. Call me crazy, but I'm not too anxous to mount an 1100 psi nitrous bottle next to my chair if something were to go wrong. That, and I doubt it would pass a safety inspection. I agree though Dustin. I wouldn't want to rely on nitrous. It's not too often I would use the power it offers, but it's nice to have. I don't have fancy turbos like yours anyway. Maybe several months from now, but not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online