Test mule build

Status
Not open for further replies.

HD F250

Reaction score
Guess the screen name gave it away. ill give it to the 300m shaft it cracked a dpc converter

Your heavy foot and your wide hipped beast are hell on parts! Keeps vendors doing R&D and making better new parts though. Keep it up!

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
450's tear up trans like no other, I weight 10,200 empty on the scales and I am hell on shafts. I think my weight and tuning play a big part to always breaking stuff. Pulling mine today to see what broke this time, praying it's an input shaft.

Yea JDs got it. 10400lbs driving aggressive

HD F250

Reaction score
450's tear up trans like no other, I weight 10,200 empty on the scales and I am hell on shafts. I think my weight and tuning play a big part to always breaking stuff. Pulling mine today to see what broke this time, praying it's an input shaft.

Good luck, keep us posted on your findings.

01PSD

Reaction score

Jesus does that truck ever run? LOL not trying to be an a$$hole but it seems like it's always broken :poke:

Wayne

Reaction score
Well, the nitrous kit works.:D I hooked up all the bells & whistles, for safety purposes, but that didn't take the fun out of it. I don't know exactly how well it will run with the two .136 jets yet though, because by the time we switched from two .110 jets, bottle pressure was down to 850. the solenoids only flow the equivalent of .120 anyway, but I didn't have any jets between the two sizes. I feel confident it won't overwhelm the truck at full bottle pressure though, because my EGT's held steady at 1450* until I let off at what I guess to be 135 mph.

I've got it ramping in over a 5 second window, so it comes on very smooth. It took a long time to wire everything it the way I wanted, but in the end, it was worth it. My only regret is that I don't have a 3rd solenoid. :lookaround: I'd recommend this kit to anybody looking for one. I think I mentioned it before, but it's this kit> http://www.nitrousexpress.com/nxd40...-system-with-mini-progressive-controller.html

I've got it set up to only activate at 80%+ throttle, 18+ psi boost, and 1500-4200 rpm's, so it SHOULD be safe enough to if I accidentally left it on with some retard behind the wheel, a nitrous back-fire, or too high of EGT's will be the least of their worries. I'm sure I'll activate it on the dyno next time I go, which will probably be next week.

Now that I've got it working, I remember just how addicting the stuff is. I'll have to be getting a remote bottle opener now:fustrate:, so it's more accessable when I want to pick on a rice rocket or two.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Wayne it sounds like you guys had some fun tonight.:naughty: Jd filled me in. Sounds pretty Badass man. Can't wait to see some numbers.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I guessing next weekend on the dyno. Goodbye input.LOL

HD F250

Reaction score
Sounds like a great day! Keep the test mule thread going. I am kind of living through this thread right now. :popcorn:

Where is my videos JD?? Your slippin!!! :morons:

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I agree that this thread is very cool and always look to see if there is updates. Keep up the good work out there!

Wayne

Reaction score
Who wants to take bets on the life expectancy of the input?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I guessing next weekend on the dyno. Goodbye input.LOL
Thanks for your faith, jerks. :slap: I guess we'll find out tomorrow evening, now I've got yet another turbo on the truck to justify a trip to the dyno. FWIW, I sure don't have the fuel Erik's truck had at DPC, (60's to 110's) but I am spraying it a lot harder (2 .120's to 2 .082's.) It should run clean enough to improve the air quality :thumbsup:

Wayne

Reaction score
Just finished the K31 version, like most (if not all) of our competitors sell. Now I'm testing the same configuration, but with a batmowheel. From what I understand, it's identical to the 71 batmo that RCD sells.

To anyone looking for a good turbo at a KILLER deal, we will be dumping these test turbos at really low prices when all the testing is done. Most of them have about 300 miles of "use", but are still inspected to be in great shape. We realize most of these test turbos won't run with the nicest stuff we regularly sell, but between that, and the fact that they are used will be reflected in the price.

Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
Since my post last night, I've had a good handful of PM's asking about prices & specs of test turbos that will be for sale. To anyone interested, keep an eye in the Elite Diesel vendor section. When we're ready, all the info will be there, not here.

Also, as long as everything goes well, by the end of today, I should have some graphs to post up from a couple nitrous runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online