Test mule build

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdgleason

Reaction score
You don't count, Chevy boy. Come to think of it I don't remember seeing it ever run without problems. :swordfight:

Lol you might be surprised now.... That god awful thing is scary.

It serves as a pretty sweet tow truck for Wayne sometimes :D lol

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Lol you might be surprised now.... That god awful thing is scary.

It serves as a pretty sweet tow truck for Wayne sometimes :D lol

Dude I know that beast can run. I just never saw it. Yo Chevy boy.......bring it to the PSA get together in a few weeks. ;)

Wayne

Reaction score
Well, I set a new record for myself tonight, which is a clear sign that I've swapped too dang many atmospheric turbos. This change completely, properly, in and out took 75 minutes. the motor was room temp, and there were no distractions, so that helped. we're on to the 71 mm conventional tow-power atmospheric turbo now. I'm glad the odd-ball 71's are finished.:blitzed: They were sure better than stock, but I've been wanting to run one of these, or better for quite some time. If I can get the testing done, and compiled reasonably soon, we might be able to show specifics of how these 71's stack up against one another within the next couple weeks. Stay tuned.

Wayne

Reaction score
All the 71 mm turbos I planned to test are done now. 72.4 is going on tonight. :naughty: It looks like we might have enough data organized before the week is out to post results. :lookaround: If for nothing else, it should make for a good compressor wheel discussion. We also have stock, and drop-in batmo (atmospheric turbo only) test results on this truck with the same conditions, so you won't get a better apples-to-apples set of results. I'm sure I'll also be putting out a bit of info on the tow power plus atmospheric turbo when it's done with testing.

HD F250

Reaction score
Sorry, for derail Wayne, but I just seen this.

PSA get together in a few weeks.

I didn't see any posts, when and where is it?

Back to waiting for testing results.....:popcorn:

HD F250

Reaction score
March 9th real close to the shop, then texas roadhouse afterward. It looks like a handful on non-locals will be coming, and we'd love to see you show up.

I wish I could make it, but I already have 2 trips planned in next few weeks. Going to Phoenix next weekend and doing NASCAR since there is no NHRDA races and Cali 2 weeks later. We all need to make it to an event soon!

Wayne

Reaction score
We've had the data for a bit, but waiting on Tadd to compile it how he wants to present it. I can tell you we're not embarrassed by any means of how the tests turned out. We're just hanging onto the info so people see more than just a peak power graph when they look it over, as there's more to the results than that. I do feel kind of bad for the guys who paid to "upgrade" to the batmowheel from any other billet wheel though. Good gains upgrading from stock cast, but well... When the data is ready to be presented, it will be self-explanatory.

On a side note, I will be doing another turbo test in the next several days. When I do it, I'll test the value of upgrading from my AFE stage 2 intake elbow. I never bothered looking until recently, but the elbow ID is about 61 mm ID at it's smallest point, feeding a 72.4 mm inducer. Not good. I'll be throwing a reducer at the turbo, and adding on our 4" ID intake elbow that comes with the big turbo kits, just like the No Limit intake kit comes with. Hopefully eliminating that restriction frees up a bit of power. At least it will help the atmospheric turbo last longer.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
On a side note, I will be doing another turbo test in the next several days. When I do it, I'll test the value of upgrading from my AFE stage 2 intake elbow. I never bothered looking until recently, but the elbow ID is about 61 mm ID at it's smallest point, feeding a 72.4 mm inducer. Not good. I'll be throwing a reducer at the turbo, and adding on our 4" ID intake elbow that comes with the big turbo kits, just like the No Limit intake kit comes with. Hopefully eliminating that restriction frees up a bit of power. At least it will help the atmospheric turbo last longer.

Cool! I didin't even think about this untill you mentioned it the other day. It only makes sense. Kinda like a small garden hose feeding a larger one. I would like to see how much it helps. It may be only a slight gain but like you said keeping the atmospheric turbos lifespan which is always a plus. Keep up the testing its good info!

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Wow is the Afe stage II necked down that much? I am currently running the Afe as well and look forward to your results Wayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online