Test mule build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
Testing will go all the way to tpx atmosphere and tpx compounds.

wondering, tadd, if you had a list or time frame for these tests.

like, were goin to TRY to do X number of things in a month, and these are the things so far on the list of things to be done, in this general order, list and/or time frame subject to change at any time.

Wayne

Reaction score
There is a list of things to test, but is somewhat subject to change. If Tadd wants to fill you in, he's welcome to, but since he's funding the project I'll let him be the one to disclose any details. I will say though that there are more than 3 different 71 mm turbos sitting here waiting to be put through the tests. As far as time frame goes, it's subject mostly at this point to how much time I can spend after work testing, datalogging, and parts swapping. All of this has to happen after my 40+ hours per week to keep projects going out the door. Each turbo configuration sees about 2 hours worth of driving a specific route a certain way, with, and without a trailer, and with datalogs before it hits the dyno, so it can never happen as fast as we would like, but at least it's thorough.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Could ya'll video the different tests, to show how each setup cleans up/performs on the street? This thread will be(and is) great for anyone trying to decide on a turbo set up.
Do you guys have any non-VGT turbos you could/would test?

NathannialD

Reaction score
I think if we did any tests on non vgt turbos at our elevation it would sure make them look very bad. High elevation combined with the weight/tires on Wayne's truck results would not be pretty. Drivability would be very poor. Just stating facts, we have great results with our vgt setups so that's what we test.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I think if we did any tests on non vgt turbos at our elevation it would sure make them look very bad. High elevation combined with the weight/tires on Wayne's truck results would not be pretty. Drivability would be very poor. Just stating facts, we have great results with our vgt setups so that's what we test.

Best avatar ever.

Wayne

Reaction score
Well, I lost forward momentum on my way to work yesterday morning, so I brought the truck in the shop tonight to find out why.
TCS_input.jpg

I just pulled this from the truck a few minutes ago.:cursing: Until it broke, this is what was the strongest input shaft on the market.:fustrate: Needless to say, I'll be getting some custom tunes to tame the shifts. I'm gonna throw in my old billet input for now to make it through the necessary tests with my current programming, and allow it to be the weak link. I should have the next turbo on for testing in the next few days, so we can keep moving forward. With any luck, I'll have it running late tonight. At least it wasn't worse. :shrug:

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
The strongest shaft was not strong for the ford built tough to do the Job...
haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.