the motor.....

Dzchey21

Reaction score
damn baller, you need one with at least 5k axles, if not 7k axles to be safe...

Aluminum is cool but not sure if thats what you need.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
That's a nice trailer pretty good price too. I agree with dustin I hauled my old truck (ecsb) on a 20 footer and it barely fit on there. Although that 20 footer with the dovetail would do it

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I know a little over the top with aluminum. First ones I found near me. There is another manufacturer I will look up. But they are either 18' 15000gvwr for $5600 but it is short. Bigger ones are hd equipment and like $10000 don't think so.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I know a little over the top with aluminum. First ones I found near me. There is another manufacturer I will look up. But they are either 18' 15000gvwr for $5600 but it is short. Bigger ones are hd equipment and like $10000 don't think so.

i love how this thread has turned into the find eric a ride to wyoming thread. lol

this one would work eric, might need tires though.

http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/grd/2469965172.html

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
My bad Mike, I will stop the hijack.

Not too short?

my black trailer was 18ft.. im pretty sure your truck fit fine, as well mine did.

p.s. i dont care about the hijack erik ... i have no news to report anyway.

Last edited:

powr2stroke

Reaction score
Ahh ok , I thought I might be able out with some west coast connections , just don't know anybody with that big of a straight pull ... just a gooseneck

Last edited:

BFT

Reaction score
i was going to put in a GN a while ago but the majority of trailers i pulled were pintle and tandem trailers. plus, i think my truck is at the limit for trying to fit a GN behind it

SAK

Reaction score
Your going to need to find a trailer that has drive over fenders or has a wider deck since you have -offset wheels.

Charles

Reaction score
For you 6.4 guys the difference between a "60", "100", "150", yada, yada, yada, injector is nozzle right?

It's just more flowable area, meaning that in the same duration, the larger ones will flow more fuel if you can keep the rails up...

Then you guys throw "200's" on a truck, make no appreciable change to reduce injection duration for that dramatic change to fuel rate, and you can't figure out why they aren't perfect little angels on the street???

And how with _____ turbos you can't use such a large nozzle because of inability to clean them up???

I guess each platform will have to let tuning inability rule them into using tiny ass nozzles time and time again before we can pull head from ass and cut the G'damn duration on a larger nozzle and make use of it like we have some sense.

God it's boring to watch this over and over. How long did it take us 7.3 guys? Then how long with the 6oh before people started running sane durations with fast injector nozzles? Now apparently we still feel the need to go through the motions all over again with the 6.4.

Nozzle limiting your drivability is a FOOLS GAME. It's ass backward. TUNE the injectors to provide the limited fuel quantity you want at low demand by reducing duration when needed. It's a CR injector folks.... it will roll over and let you rub it's belly if you just ask.

And if the multi-billion dollar mega code computers can't do that, then throw them away.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
For you 6.4 guys the difference between a "60", "100", "150", yada, yada, yada, injector is nozzle right?

It's just more flowable area, meaning that in the same duration, the larger ones will flow more fuel if you can keep the rails up...

Then you guys throw "200's" on a truck, make no appreciable change to reduce injection duration for that dramatic change to fuel rate, and you can't figure out why they aren't perfect little angels on the street???

And how with _____ turbos you can't use such a large nozzle because of inability to clean them up???

I guess each platform will have to let tuning inability rule them into using tiny ass nozzles time and time again before we can pull head from ass and cut the G'damn duration on a larger nozzle and make use of it like we have some sense.

God it's boring to watch this over and over. How long did it take us 7.3 guys? Then how long with the 6oh before people started running sane durations with fast injector nozzles? Now apparently we still feel the need to go through the motions all over again with the 6.4.

Nozzle limiting your drivability is a FOOLS GAME. It's ass backward. TUNE the injectors to provide the limited fuel quantity you want at low demand by reducing duration when needed. It's a CR injector folks.... it will roll over and let you rub it's belly if you just ask.

And if the multi-billion dollar mega code computers can't do that, then throw them away.

I fully agree charles. I wish efi live was available for the 6.4 so i could do exactly that. I think until some fine tuning is put into these motors were gonna keep seeing these issues.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

while i agree with this statement, im not seeing rudy's truck having any such issues. i have stock nozzles so i cant blame my issue on fuel in the least, but i can blame it on tadd having 110's, a bunch of pressure and a big pump!!

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I would run bigger nozzles in an instant if that level of tuning was available. Don't know if getting a hold of Eric or Mike would help in the matter, or at least know for sure if it is possible or not. Seems like it would be but just a matter of enough people demanding it for it to be worthwhile for their time in writing those tunes. I would pay extra for sure.

phale

Reaction score
If tunes with a lot of duration can be written then so can files with less duration. It will take some time with the truck on a dyno or in real world driving to dial it in though. This is the same thing we are doing with the d-max and cummins trucks with EFI and big injectors right now. Of course there are a lot of variables that have to be considered, so what works for one guy with 150 nozzles will obviously not work for another with 60 nozzles, etc. These trucks need to be custom tuned to get right and then that tuning will change as the owner changes mods, so from a mass tune producer's standpoint is going to be damn near impossible to write files that make everyone happy.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
is 2.25ms of pw considered long charles

I have no idea how long the injection event actuall is, i dont know if that includes pre injection and post injection cycles

Aljay

Reaction score
Enough of this dribble whats up with Godzilla ?

I just quit a shop that stuck a set of reworked turbos from Industrial Inj. as well as there big injectors on a 6.4 all controlled by a tuner from H&S with box programing ! I laughed at the mechanic telling me how bad it was going to be I laugh more reading .

Latest posts

Members online