the motor.....

Charles

Reaction score
is 2.25ms of pw considered long charles

I have no idea how long the injection event actuall is, i dont know if that includes pre injection and post injection cycles

Just off-the-cuff... if we're talking about a cruising around duration while trying to control smoke...it seems WAYYYYYY long....

Our old-ass dinosaur injectors with 200% nozzles will make damn near full power at 2ms, and your CR injectors are so fast that they can make multiple injections in a single combustion event, so the delay must be miniscule in comparison, so an equal signal duration would me a hell of a lot more fuel for you. Not to mention the fact that your injectors will come much closer to actually delivering that 200% injection rate given the lack of internal bs that ours have to overcome.

Our injectors have about a .7ms lag time from when the signal is started, until fuel begins injecting. Meaning that with a 2ms signal duration we would only actually be injecting fuel for 1.3ms.

If your Piezos were popping open in say .2ms instead, then with the same signal duration you would acheive an injection duration of 1.8ms, nearly 40% more fuel... if the injection rate was identical.... which it's not.

At medium to moderate throttle, on an injector with that kind of response, I would expect a starting point on duration to be sub 1ms on anything you expected to behave on the street. Hell, my pos old dinosaur heui's hardly ever exceed 1ms driving around, even pretty quickly.

I think the CR injection pressures have spoiled you guys into running tiny nozzles because it's letting you get away with it.

But... there's a really, really good chance that you could be running much larger nozzles with much less duration, and less timing making much more power with less or similar peak cylinder pressure and lower in-cylinder temps.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Cruising and most light throttle accell is under 1ms... cruising is usually .68 Ms and accell is about .9 give or take stock is 1.28 @ wot from what I have found

Charles

Reaction score
Cruising and most light throttle accell is under 1ms... cruising is usually .68 Ms and accell is about .9 give or take stock is 1.28 @ wot from what I have found

So how do the trucks drive on stock programming with say a 200% nozzle then?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
dont know, rudys the only one on a 200 "hp" nozzle im not even sure how much bigger over stock that is to be honest, and his truck is a drag truck, but i know even spooling its pretty smoky

Kind

Reaction score
Rob has 200 "hp nozzles as well. His truck is hella smokey with a box stock 345 tune. I believe that 345 is around 1.7ms@wot according to the dashdaq.

Seems to me, from following him, driving the truck in town and the hi-way it is always smoking. Kinda annoying on the street. Injectors that big need some tune refinement if they are to be used on the the street.

Charles

Reaction score
Rob has 200 "hp nozzles as well. His truck is hella smokey with a box stock 345 tune. I believe that 345 is around 1.7ms@wot according to the dashdaq.

Seems to me, from following him, driving the truck in town and the hi-way it is always smoking. Kinda annoying on the street. Injectors that big need some tune refinement if they are to be used on the the street.

Remove the program and run it stock. If the programs are adding duration then stock might be an improvement...

Would be an interesting, and easy test.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Most of us don't have a stock tune that will work. Egr. Dpf. Dpf sensors. Vgt ect ect....

Feel free to pull some pw back for us....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Just bought a 6.4 to start development on...... give me a few months

You may wanna get your hands on some software because the base sct stuff will not cut it. You need to have a vision to get the power out of these things.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
here's a teaser of what the entire plumbing setup including turbo housings will look like. the truck should be fired back up and on the dyno tomorrow, thursday at the latest. bling beeyatch.

chrome.jpg

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
here's a teaser of what the entire plumbing setup including turbo housings will look like. the truck should be fired back up and on the dyno tomorrow, thursday at the latest. bling beeyatch.

chrome.jpg

Zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz

J/k

That's my dawg! Looking killer.

Latest posts

Members online