trucks at martys

TARM

Reaction score
Marty what about using a FB1311 Baldwin base. I get them in about two days from Associated Diesel. It has a standard 10 ORB ports in/out

Marty

Reaction score
I used to use those, switched to the Donaldson bases for ease of mass bracket-making since it only has 2 mounting holes. Add to that my local Hydraulic shop was supposed to start stocking them but apparently someone else has been raiding the coffers.

Marty

Reaction score
Got started with a fury. Everything fought us all along the way LOL but we are almost there.

IMAG0923.jpg

IMAG0949.jpg

IMAG1040.jpg

IMAG1042.jpg

IMAG1175.jpg

Got her fixed up.

IMAG1192.jpg

IMAG1193.jpg

IMAG1162.jpg

IMAG1221.jpg

IMAG1220.jpg

This engine sat pretty far back, could not even get the stock uppipes out without rocking the engine! Getting the Irate kit on was a bear but we did it. Spent a few hours massaging the firewall and then ended up having to clearance it for the downpipe. Installed new tank, but then 5" exhaust was in the way LOL. The intake y didn't quite line up with the intercooler tube so we changed her a little, we made an intake for the race cover. The CCV was too much in the way so we had to swap valve covers. Looking at welding a new oil filter onto the valve cover so we don't have to pull the intake to change the oil. This might be something we start doing on all of the Irate kits....... I have 4 of them to do it to :doh:. Umm I'm pretty sure that's about all for now. We plan to test drive the truck today since the CCV stuff is here to replace it. So far it's being a typical OBS LOL trying to fit 10lbs of **** in a 5lbs bag.

Will keep you updated.

Last edited:

Black 02

Reaction score
Goin with swamps 250/200s with thier chip and Idk mod, h11s, sb pushrods, 910s, srp1.1, a1000 with single tank convo, irate t4 with s468,and sd intercooler. Full build

Wow, you must be rich. Parts and having them installed. :D

After just installing a S468 on my truck, I think I'd charge about $5k for labor. It was a bitch, but mine was a superduty also. Couldn't imagine an OBS.

I was able to run a 5" intake on my truck without swapping the valve covers, but I've got mad skills.... :hammer:

mattman347

Reaction score
Hey Marty, just go get a reducing boot from the plumbing store, the 5" will stretch over the turbo and you can keep the valve covers in the stock spot.

Attachments

• IMG_1912.jpg
    IMG_1912.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 97

Marty

Reaction score
Already done, having the CCV on the passenger side is nice though. Keeps the crap out of your driver side window.

mattman347

Reaction score
I think he is referring to the crank case being vented to atmosphere on the other side so the smoke does not come up and in the window.

Black 02

Reaction score
The race cover is 5.5". If you get the right boot, you can leave the valve covers alone like Matt said. The OBS looks tighter past the brake master cylinder than the Super Duty. I was able to get the 5" intake between the intercooler pipe and the master cylinder, but it is very tight.

Good Luck!

You'll love that turbo. I do and I'm only running Stage II injectors.

For me it's a little laggy when cruising on the freeway and I step into it, but as soon as it gets to about 7 psi of boost, it launches to almost 40 psi of boost very quickly. My 35 psi boost gauge it's enjoying that very much..... :D. Glad Matt talked me into the ARP's.

Oh course I have 3.73 gears and 37" tires, so I'm only turning like 1600 RPM at 75 mph. Barely off idle!

97stoker350

Reaction score
also got the swamps idm mod and new plenums. had him replace the glowplugs and got isspro ev2 gauges with white face, hub, blue pointer and numbers for boost backpressure pyrometer drive oil pressure and fuel pressure.

Marty

Reaction score
Yes. This was a stock to everything at once lol. Todd, to answer your pm, once we get her 100% done I want to drive truck for a few days to make sure everything is perfect.

Latest posts

Members online