trucks at martys

Marty

Reaction score
Sorry. On phone. Didn't see.

The truck could CERTAINLY benefit from higher gears or smaller tires.

97stoker350

Reaction score
yes marty it could but my truck is one of a kind in the looks so 40s are staying looking at 410s though for gears and either a detroit true track or locker for the rear but traction bars tires and shocks are priority first if you saw the shocks you'l see what i mean. yes there is 3.55s in it now. they are good for mpgs, i could get almost 16 running the piss out of it but probably wont get that good now since i wont be able to keep my foot out of it

97stoker350

Reaction score
black what housing is on your turbo? think i might put a 1.00 on mine once i see what it runs like when i get it back. i like high boost #s especially since i spent almost 700 on the best studs there is but like marty said its like a stocker pushing 50-60 compared to 35 through a s468

DMDP

Reaction score
I would definitly do 4.10 swap With those 40s Would make a huge difference and i would think it would help your milage if anything. Cause your not lugging the motor down the whole time your drivin around

Black 02

Reaction score
I'm gonna take a guess of 175hp and 235 torque at 4100 RPM.

I should be pretty damn close. I'm good at dyno guesses...... :morons:

V-Ref

Reaction score
97stoker350

BTW-I think you did a lot of stuff right with your build. While it might sting paying a shop like Marty to do it right the first time....it would sting worse to do it yourself, and then tow it to Marty's for fixing LOL

Whoever steered you to your build list, needs a nod too. You did good. I'd bet you'll be super happy once you get that rig back.

My 2 cents...Think twice on the turbine housing change...I'm seeing the 1.10 and 200% nozzles are 1:1 or better up to 40 psi (in a stabilized state).

I think it's a great balance between transient response, and top end.

Don't wait too long on getting that Dual Disc in there. I was reluctant on my build to upgrade from a South Bend Con OFE, but the South Bend Street Dual Disc is like a stocker clutch from a driver stand point. I've heard nothing but good stuff from Valair folks...so ask Valair if they've got a loyalty price that they can extend you. Tell 'em your goals changed, and you don't want to burn up a good clutch. Don't burn up a good single disc clutch that you won't be able to get any $$$ for. I've got a burnt up South Bend Con OFE in the garage, that I've got to invest some cash for a new disc prior to selling it off, to have a good conscience.

And I wouldn't sweat the boost psi too much. Remember boost is measure of the resisitance of a given volume of air. If Marty hasn't tested it to higher boost levels yet, you might find a sqweak or two of a leak that only shows up at higher boost levels, that can net you another 5-7 psi, once you get your truck. A dirty airfilter, or an upgrade to AFE big boost, a change in your tuning, etc....little things you can do to your rig once you get it, if you really need to see 40-50 psi. Rig up a $87 drive pressure guage if your really worried....if you're seeing boost over drive prior to 35 psi with that AR turbine housing/those injectors, that might warrant a deeper look.

Food for thought...don't spend a quarter to save a dime. Spend a dime to save a quarter. You've got what appears is to be a very strong and smartly built truck. I'd enjoy it.

Good luck.

97stoker350

Reaction score
thanks vref i did change my mind alot and i talked to tyrant diesel irate marty the most and posted a number of threads on here and read it everyday. alot of people laughed at me because i changed my mind alot but whatever its not there truck or money. i see about the boost now marty explained all that. i think hes curious to see what it makes bc he said this is the first 468 he has done so hopefully it makes a nice # with the 40s. just hoping that since i dont have trac bars my axle doesnt meet my bed LOL

skew12

Reaction score
I saw the truck this past weekend at Marty's. She's a beauty! Wish I could have seen it all finished and burning the road up. I'm sure you'll love that thing. It's in good hands.

Marty

Reaction score
This is the first time we've installed a 468. 465, 466, 471, 475 and s480's I've all done. Usually we have a v-banded compressor discharge. We have yet to blow a boot, but we did modify the pipes a bit because we got a mid-change setup from Irate but Jake offered to send new pipes or pay me for the modifications. A+ in my book. Jake has been great to deal with for both my customers and myself.

With how the turbo is running boost:drive he has room for more fuel (tuning or larger injector) or he could drop an exhaust housing size. The truck is already pretty responsive, it is such a PITA getting the turbo off and on that I suggest leave it alone or go with a bigger injector :D

At this point I wouldn't up the power any. Traction bars are the next thing on your list with a dual disk close behind it.

Marty

Reaction score
Mod List:
Spectre Tank - 38 Gallons
Sumped to an A1000 Marty's Diesel Fuel System
Feeding Swamps 250/200cc hybrids
Fed by an SRP1.1
Driven by a Swamps high voltage IDM and Tunes
Supported by H11 headstuds, 910 valve springs shimmed and chromoly pushrods
Irate t4 non-wastegated kit with an S468 and a super duty intercooler

97stoker350

Reaction score
Thanks for the mod list marty I was having trouble keeping it strait just add the 3in. Plenums and new glowplugs and i think thats all lol. Thanks for the compliments vref and skew I loved the truck before I got the work done!

Last edited:

Marty

Reaction score
Mod List:
Spectre Tank - 38 Gallons
Sumped to an A1000 Marty's Diesel Fuel System
Feeding Swamps 250/200cc hybrids
Fed by an SRP1.1
Driven by a Swamps high voltage IDM and Tunes
Supported by H11 headstuds, 910 valve springs shimmed and chromoly pushrods
Irate t4 non-wastegated kit with an S468 and a super duty intercooler
3" Irate Plenums
New MotorCraft Glow Plugs

Marty

Reaction score
Yes, however if you put the 5" exhaust on AFTER it won't be so bad because you won't be short pipe LOL.

Latest posts