Two new HPFP and both leaking from front seal

sonic blue l

Reaction score
Btw your old non leaking pump had he snap ring I from of the seal correct?

Generally if a company can save money by getting rid of things they will. So if they found at the factory pressures they didn't have to have a snap ring grove machine in they wouldn't. In stock configuration if it passed durability testing that's how they would run it. I wonder 2 things. 1 does the new pumps still have the snap ring grove? And 2 is it possible the seal is pushing out? I'd scribe a new pump and the. If it started leaking see if the seal has moved.

White_monster

Reaction score
It's a lip seal. The seals not sliding out. The seal is getting hard with colder temps and not sealing. The snap ring doesn't create any extra sealing capabilities. I've been to the local Ford dealer and looked at a reman pump, the snap ring groove is there but no snap ring. I say the seal isn't rated for cold enough temps with fluids present. Needs to be made of viton or something with a larger temperature use range.

sonic blue l

Reaction score
Maybe but they don't leak on factory trucks. My truck has the no snap ring seal and plenty others do. A leak at that seal in the factory location is as common as an injector leak at the jam nut. (Not highly common)

ncollins64

Reaction score
It's a lip seal. The seals not sliding out. The seal is getting hard with colder temps and not sealing. The snap ring doesn't create any extra sealing capabilities. I've been to the local Ford dealer and looked at a reman pump, the snap ring groove is there but no snap ring. I say the seal isn't rated for cold enough temps with fluids present. Needs to be made of viton or something with a larger temperature use range.
Shane do you think this is something you may work on and find a cure?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Put dye in the fuel and see if it's leaking at the lip to shaft or the outer seal to pump housing

You can't really see that good to tell because the shaft seal is behind a large pulley running off the drive belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White_monster

Reaction score
I don't see all the seals being bad. It's possible champion got a bad batch though. It's unlikely it's leaking between the seal and pump housing as it's stepped and pressed in tight. The lip is only sealed by the seals shape and a small spring around it. I've seen this situation before at work and changing the seal to a different material fixed it, it may not work but it's worth a try.

Yes Nathan I'm going to work on a fix. Already got ideas and I have a pump tore apart ready to take in for sizing.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Not exactly the same issue, but Holder's just dropped the cab on my truck after upgrading the LP system, deleting the bowl, and replacing the my HPFP with a "new" reman. At my request, they plummed in a gauge so I could monitor the fuel pressure from the LP side. It confirmed that Marty's kit was providing steady pressure. After checking and rechecking they came to the obvious conclusion that my new HPFP was bad. They talked to Ford and Ford agreed and is sending a new one. Just thought I would share one more great thing about these remans.

webb06

Reaction score
Not exactly the same issue, but Holder's just dropped the cab on my truck after upgrading the LP system, deleting the bowl, and replacing the my HPFP with a "new" reman. At my request, they plummed in a gauge so I could monitor the fuel pressure from the LP side. It confirmed that Marty's kit was providing steady pressure. After checking and rechecking they came to the obvious conclusion that my new HPFP was bad. They talked to Ford and Ford agreed and is sending a new one. Just thought I would share one more great thing about these remans.

Well that sucks. I suppose ford isn't paying for labor? Are you being charged extra for the added labor?

Reaction score
Well if fords not covering it... I don't think it's the install shops responsibility to eat labor for a multi billion dollar companies f***ed up pump.... They may give him a deal. But still that puts is shops in a bad position (eating labor that not our fault).

webb06

Reaction score
Well if fords not covering it... I don't think it's the install shops responsibility to eat labor for a multi billion dollar companies f***ed up pump.... They may give him a deal. But still that puts is shops in a bad position (eating labor that not our fault).

I hear you. Trust me. It's a tight spot when running a company to tell the customer that.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Well that sucks. I suppose ford isn't paying for labor? Are you being charged extra for the added labor?

I never even asked about that....right about now I figure Rykan is ready to set my truck on fire...while my cab was off one of the other things I was getting done was installing the WG I had sitting in my garage for over a year. It was one with the pre-welded bungs on a new DP. That mother trucker wouldn't fit because of the larger bell housing on my tranny so my truck sat there taking up a lift while we waited on getting my old one fabbed to work. I agree that it is obviously not Holder's fault or his responsibility. I guess I will have to see what Ford says. I was busy at work when I got the news so I didn't have time to actually talk to Rykan...just sent a quick text.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Kind of the last thing I wanted to tell Brett this thing has been a nightmare over stupid stuff like this. But he's very understanding.

WTF are you doing up so late....hope it wasnt a nightmare about my truck.

B585Ford

Reaction score
This is a great thread so I don't want to derail it any further, but I got to say....RYKAN AND JANSEN ARE AWESOME GUYS TO WORK WITH!!!!! I CAN'T THANK THEM ENOUGH FOR EVERYTHING THEY HAVE DONE THROUGHOUT THIS ORDEAL!!!!!

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Brett got a new pump the same time as I. rykan and jansan threw both on our trucks, both the same issues.

ford is sending us both pumps. it's a bit rediculous if you ask me.

Eric@HoldersDiesel

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Now people are starting to see my frustrations.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

Latest posts

Members online