webb06 official build thread

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Holy crap, with this happening all the time now it seems like a $15k block would be cheap. Sorry to hear about your terrible luck bud

3brorce

Reaction score
Pretty soon going to trade back for a 6.0 if this crap keeps going on.

webb06

Reaction score
Drivers side. Second stud from the back on the top row is leaking from the around the stud. I'll post a video later.

pog

Reaction score
Wow. I'd light a match to the ***er at this point. In those 700 miles were you beating on it?

webb06

Reaction score
I wouldn't say beating on it. I got it finished on Sunday night. Tuesday I added half a gallon of water, Thursday I added another half gallon of ford gold. So it was leaking from the get go I think. I never launched it. I punched it from a roll a few times and took it up to around 100 a couple times. Nothing real terrible. No rolling burnouts or drags

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Drivers side. Second stud from the back on the top row is leaking from the around the stud. I'll post a video later.

Side note, Teflon past was used during stud install. Elite directions were followed

Wow. Again so sorry to hear man. It appears to be more of a quality control thing by the sounds of it. Obviously not yours or the machine shops wrong doing. I would definately say there are simply some that are strong and some that are just plain weak. Warranty on that block?

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score

That makes me sick, I know the pain of having to tear something back apart (valve not seating) and can imagine how you are feeling! I say tig weld around the stud and grind the head so it seals. LOL

webb06

Reaction score
Wow. Again so sorry to hear man. It appears to be more of a quality control thing by the sounds of it. Obviously not yours or the machine shops wrong doing. I would definately say there are simply some that are strong and some that are just plain weak. Warranty on that block?

Calling ford tomorrow to see what kind of warranty deal we can work out. Hopefully they pay for new block, all gaskets, and some of the labor. Not sure how much we will be able to get.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Calling ford tomorrow to see what kind of warranty deal we can work out. Hopefully they pay for new block, all gaskets, and some of the labor. Not sure how much we will be able to get.

Honestly its not like your doing something retarded and purposely breaking it. I would think they should give you another block and SHOULD that being a huge SHOULD give some sort of compensation for the crap its put you through. Not to mention all of the liver damage it might have caused!:blitzed:

webb06

Reaction score
Honestly its not like your doing something retarded and purposely breaking it. I would think they should give you another block and SHOULD that being a huge SHOULD give some sort of compensation for the crap its put you through. Not to mention all of the liver damage it might have caused!:blitzed:

I'm not a drinker lol so that's not a big deal. We order a TON of parts from this dealer and they usually treat us really fair so we will see what happens

Latest posts

Members online