webb06 official build thread

webb06

Reaction score
Ford will warranty the block. They will not warranty any labor unless it was done in their shop. So I'm out about 40 hours of labor. Still trying to get them to pay for all needed gaskets

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
If Ford will not cover the cost of all the needed gaskets I have a large stock pile of short block installation gaskets I can help you out with if needed. Hate to see anyone have to go thru this mess.

pog

Reaction score
If Ford will not cover the cost of all the needed gaskets I have a large stock pile of short block installation gaskets I can help you out with if needed. Hate to see anyone have to go thru this mess.

boom! thats awesome to hear a vendor stick up like that.

webb06

Reaction score

Pm me what is included as well as a price for it. Thanks man

webb06

Reaction score
Ford is covering gaskets as well. Only thing I need to buy is rings.

Would it be worth while to get gapless rings? Or any advantage to them?

Crack85

Reaction score

Get em. Whitemonster has some forsale right now, he'll probably make you a good deal on em.

Erikclaw

Reaction score

I would say yes. Should be less blow by and decrease your ccv output. Good to hear Ford is taking care of it, but still sucks ass.

webb06

Reaction score
So for curiosity sake, what are you going to try and do different for round three?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

Nothing really can be done except filling the block. Which isn't realistic since I drive the truck everyday.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Nothing really can be done except filling the block. Which isn't realistic since I drive the truck everyday.

From what I hear, DD hasn't shown to be an issue at all. When ever I get it back I will be able to share a lot more with it. At over 100 degrees daily here, it would have been nice to have it in some city driving to see how she reacts.

How about cryo the block like they did to Erics?

Don't really know if it would do much for the cracking issue. From what I have been told it is most worth while for durability. The parts that wear should last longer and be more durable.

webb06

Reaction score
From what I hear, DD hasn't shown to be an issue at all. When ever I get it back I will be able to share a lot more with it. At over 100 degrees daily here, it would have been nice to have it in some city driving to see how she reacts.

I wish you had yours so we had an idea of how it affects daily driving it. Is yours fully filled? I wish I knew how to do the process and I might try it. But I don't

webb06

Reaction score
So someone please enlighten me how you judge how filled it is. I don't understand how it works

Latest posts

Members online