webb06 official build thread

webb06

Reaction score
Nothing much going on today. Got all the parts washed up, block washed up. Once ford delivers all the parts tomorrow I'll begin reassembly of the short block. Then install it in the truck and get everything bolted on.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thats what I thought this was the reason for thr build in the first place

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

webb06

Reaction score
I initially did all the upgrading on the stock bottom end original engine. Block cracked. Put in new block from ford with pistons and cam. 700 miles later the new block was cracked again

Now I've got another block that ford gave me that's going in

Only things changing this time are I'm going back to arp studs instead of custom aged elite studs and changing the wastegate dump location.

webb06

Reaction score
Plan is to switch to the arps and use a lower torque spec than what they actually call for. Some have tried that and it has worked thus far with no cracking or blown headgaskets

B585Ford

Reaction score
Plan is to switch to the arps and use a lower torque spec than what they actually call for. Some have tried that and it has worked thus far with no cracking or blown headgaskets

If anyone deserves a break, it is you!!! Good luck with this.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
With as much boost add you are going to run you should be fine. I had 1722s @190 ft Lbs forever no issue. Once I saw 70psi the gaskets wouldn't hold. torqued to 300 then the block cracked... It's still cracked. I dumped in some bg stop leak last week. I had a little scare that there was moisture in the oil but I think it was s lack of getting warm. After racing kat weekend the oil is still clean so so far so good. Might consider that as well.

Eventually my block is going to split to the lifter galley so I'm in barrowed time

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

webb06

Reaction score
first time around i torqued the arp's to 325 and i think thats what did the block in. second time around i have no clue what did it since the studs were only torqed to 210. this time around im going to torque them to 250 i think.

i tried some stop leak on mine, it held for about a week and then let loose again so i decided to park it until we were caught up enough to work on it.

webb06

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377103482.213404.jpg

Crank and cam in

webb06

Reaction score
Slight hold up for the day. The gapless rings I had bought were for ford pistons and I've got the international pistons. So the oil ring was too big for mine. International rings are on the way. Hopefully can get them tomorrow

madman1234509

Reaction score
I think your best bet is to follow the directions specific to your head studs and torque them to what its supposed to be. I think the arps i got are 275, same with my last ones and that truck had 0 issues

Crack85

Reaction score
I think your best bet is to follow the directions specific to your head studs and torque them to what its supposed to be. I think the arps i got are 275, same with my last ones and that truck had 0 issues

Think he tried that already..... I know a couple members are running studs torqued below specified torque ratings n are doing just fine.

webb06

Reaction score

The custom aged were torqued exactly as the directions stated to 210. Resulted in a cracked block. I'm still up in the air on how I want to torque them

webb06

Reaction score
International only sent one set if rings...so now I'll be waiting another day for the other 7 sets to show up. Oh well gives me a little time to get all the chrome pieces on the truck sanded and painted black :)

Latest posts

Members online