webb06 official build thread

webb06

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377011533.227826.jpg
Here ya go Dustin

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Turbine is too small

Plus I'm finding that you really need to be tying into both up pipes if you are doing a high volume of wastegating to the atmo (not in this case)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

webb06

Reaction score
Turbine is too small

Plus I'm finding that you really need to be tying into both up pipes if you are doing a high volume of wastegating to the atmo (not in this case)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

So why is this truck not putting out the power that most other tow x trucks are or atleast what it should be making on paper? It ran a 12.60 @111 with spartan tuning and now that I have gearhead it went 12.79 @ 106. Something has got to be wrong...maybe I just don't know how to drive it :/

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i guess you really need that sensor and harness in the pipe to tell how much work the atmospheric turbo i doing as well as total boost and back pressure, i have been busy and havent been able to keep up with everyones builds so i will go back and read a little more on your set up

Dzchey21

Reaction score
IMHO the gating is going to be kept to a minimum, I dont know what you were running for gate springs but i would set them pretty stiff so the gate doesnt blow open too early. basically what i would shoot for is about 80psi absolute back pressure and just try and keep it as close to that all the time as possible, that will have the best spool, safest on the valve train and should put you over 55 psi of boost total.

Im not sure gating to the atmo turbo is going to do any good, im pretty sure from the research haller did that the actual restriction is the atmo turbine anyway, so you are going to want to just trim off the fat above 3000 rpm as far as back pressure is concerned. You might want to ask mike about that tho, hes got alot of dyno time with high powers in both stock and big fuel combinations (silver surfer and clausens truck)

webb06

Reaction score
I've got the gate set to where the EBP are reaching right about 85psi and it dumps. And it's not even coming close to 55psi. Maybe 40-42 is what I see maxed out

Dzchey21

Reaction score
something is def not right then, because gating between stages isnt going to make that any better

webb06

Reaction score
Matt Robinson told me that I had to have an exhaust or intake leak. Only thing I found when tearing down was the egt sensor was loose not out but it was a few turns away from being all the way out. I don't think this would cause enough of a leak to cause that much boost to be lost

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Matt Robinson told me that I had to have an exhaust or intake leak. Only thing I found when tearing down was the egt sensor was loose not out but it was a few turns away from being all the way out. I don't think this would cause enough of a leak to cause that much boost to be lost

that would cause it to be laggy for sure but not loose total boost

Latest posts

Members online