webb06 official build thread

madman1234509

Reaction score
It seems that at all different torques ive seen people post, at this point it doesnt matter...If its going to crack its going to crack. Id just do what the directions state instead of risking not having a good seal. It seems so hit or miss, and obviously it has to be a flaw in the block. What you should have done is figured out where your last block came from and tried to get one from somewhere else if its possible :p

I remember back in the day when people were concerned about using the arp studs more than once people were torquing then extra the 2nd and 3rd time the took their heads off..... And block cracking wasnt even mentioned back then.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Wish I could explain why but I think Mad man is right. Just do whatever to make the seal hold.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

madman1234509

Reaction score
Its just it seems erratic and no one has really shown a pattern. It definitely sucks to crack a block, and im someone on a budget, if i cracked mine from a stud job id be SOL for quite a few months. But id rather do it right, or how the original manufacturer of the parts recommends then use less torque because of something that might happen, that we have no idea if it will or why. Whos to say your last block wasnt already cracked, or wouldnt have cracked with factory bolts.

sootie

Reaction score
what gets me is that so many of us have the issue now.
we have been studding them for years and never an issue until pretty much this year.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Ive said that a few times, and i was skeptical at first, and still am slightly that its user error. Quite a few guys have come out and said they torqued to something other than the specs said " just to be safe" . I also was thinking maybe something the the metal composition of the studs has changed or the lube has changed, causing more stress on the block. Wish there was a thread or sticky that allowed us to keep track of serial numbers/ time/origin of the manufacture of blocks that have and havent cracked in this manor to see if we can find a correlation

sootie

Reaction score
Ive said that a few times, and i was skeptical at first, and still am slightly that its user error. Quite a few guys have come out and said they torqued to something other than the specs said " just to be safe" . I also was thinking maybe something the the metal composition of the studs has changed or the lube has changed, causing more stress on the block. Wish there was a thread or sticky that allowed us to keep track of serial numbers/ time/origin of the manufacture of blocks that have and havent cracked in this manor to see if we can find a correlation

my thoughts also...

webb06

Reaction score
Bumpers back from powdercoating
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377261797.062676.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377261809.871260.jpg

webb06

Reaction score
Ok so the rings that I got from Shane wouldn't work. Oil ring would not fit in the groove.

I ordered a set of rings from international. Those measure the exact same as the ones from Shane, which his are for ford pistons.

So does anyone know which rings I need for these pistons?

jugger13

Reaction score
These dam things are a true definition love-hate relationship
feel ya not getting to drive your truck, right there too.
just get to look at in the driveway

The real kicker is when ya need it and ya have to look at it lol.

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
I hear you way to much trouble for a fun truck... But all smiles when the torquee bi***
runs... Best of Luck to you with muncho patients...
:fordoval:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'd love to dedicate it to that but I enjoy driving it WAY too much for that business

I drive mine to work 3 times a week or more. Just nice when it breaks im not in a hurry to get it fixed

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online