webb06 official build thread

tbrown1986

Reaction score
Disaster has struck once again on the truck. Headed home from the lake this weekend and the front fuel pump locked up, lost the bolt, pulley came off, belt came off. Went home for a gooseneck and trailered it home. At first I didn't think the pump was locked up. But after getting a ratchet and socket on it, turns about 1/2 a turn each way then it won't budge anymore. This pump has less than 2000 miles on it since I swapped it in not to long ago. There are metal flakes in the fuel system, injectors 3 and 7 are already showing signs of laying out. So I'm not sure where to go from here. Maybe I can get ford to warranty all needed parts but I'm not counting on it. View attachment 29313
View attachment 29314

I've got a low mileage 6.0 you could buy!

B585Ford

Reaction score
Disaster has struck once again on the truck. Headed home from the lake this weekend and the front fuel pump locked up, lost the bolt, pulley came off, belt came off. Went home for a gooseneck and trailered it home. At first I didn't think the pump was locked up. But after getting a ratchet and socket on it, turns about 1/2 a turn each way then it won't budge anymore. This pump has less than 2000 miles on it since I swapped it in not to long ago. There are metal flakes in the fuel system, injectors 3 and 7 are already showing signs of laying out. So I'm not sure where to go from here. Maybe I can get ford to warranty all needed parts but I'm not counting on it. View attachment 29313
View attachment 29314

That sucks....you have had enough problems already.
I can't believe how much of a problem these pumps are. It is really scarry since you are running duals without huge nozzles so your duty cycle should have been relatively low for each pump.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Your luck is honestly the worst..... It really sucks that this stuff keeps happening. On the other hand, all of this has to be a fluke. There are a ton of 6.4s that don't have these issues, and obviously these pumps people keep getting do not have a very good quality control system before they leave the factory. I'd inquire on where mpd he's the "new" pumps they use for their modified singles. I posted asking, but I don't think they ever responded

powerstroked08

Reaction score
It's sad but a lot of failures with 6.4s is pump related. If the damn pumps would be reliable we'd be Ok. Sorry Dillon you don't need this crap to keep happening.

madman1234509

Reaction score
It's sad but a lot of failures with 6.4s is pump related. If the damn pumps would be reliable we'd be Ok. Sorry Dillon you don't need this crap to keep happening.

The pump failures weren't that prevalent until recently when these reman pumps really started getting into circulation. As far as a platform goes we have really lucked out with 6.4s. The transmissions are pretty stout. Easy to modify, you can make big power with stock internals . I don't get why people sometimes act like these trucks are so horrid and problem prone. Honestly this is just a horrible string of bad luck more than anything. And unfortunately the block problems probably could have been avoided, but who would have known about the torque wrench.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
The pump failures weren't that prevalent until recently when these reman pumps really started getting into circulation. As far as a platform goes we have really lucked out with 6.4s. The transmissions are pretty stout. Easy to modify, you can make big power with stock internals . I don't get why people sometimes act like these trucks are so horrid and problem prone. Honestly this is just a horrible string of bad luck more than anything. And unfortunately the block problems probably could have been avoided, but who would have known about the torque wrench.

Yeah I should have worded that differently. The newer builds that are being done have had a lot of issues with the fuel side and a bunch have been because of reman pumps. My bad I didn't mean for it to be taken as all the k16's are junk but it came off that way.

webb06

Reaction score
It was reman pump from ford that we had sitting on the shelf for about 6 months. It was still in the bag and all but I guess it's just bad luck.

Ford hasn't got back with me on how warranty is going to work yet.

webb06

Reaction score
Ford will only warranty the pump that failed. Unless I take in to their "technicians" and that sure wont be happening. I'll most likely be buying a used engine to stick in the truck and keep my built engine for a future drag truck build. I may throw the turbos on to the used engine but if not they will be up for sale. As will the fueler kit and most other engine stuff. Once that time comes I'll create a for sale thread.

Crack85

Reaction score
Ford will only warranty the pump that failed. Unless I take in to their "technicians" and that sure wont be happening. I'll most likely be buying a used engine to stick in the truck and keep my built engine for a future drag truck build. I may throw the turbos on to the used engine but if not they will be up for sale. As will the fueler kit and most other engine stuff. Once that time comes I'll create a for sale thread.

Damn bro....but i don't blame u

webb06

Reaction score
Ok guys plans have changed I think. Going to replace fuel system on the truck with stock parts. 8 new injectors from ford, new pump in the valley, clean fuel rails or replace depending on what I can get done, new fuel cooler, flush all feed and return lines, flush tank.

Remove dual fueler kit and nozzles. Leave fuel bowl delete and airdog intact.

Thinking about going to high powers on stock fuel. Would that be the most effective/highest hp stock turbo setup? Versus RCD 75/59 or elite jr high power?

B585Ford

Reaction score
Ok guys plans have changed I think. Going to replace fuel system on the truck with stock parts. 8 new injectors from ford, new pump in the valley, clean fuel rails or replace depending on what I can get done, new fuel cooler, flush all feed and return lines, flush tank.

Remove dual fueler kit and nozzles. Leave fuel bowl delete and airdog intact.

Thinking about going to high powers on stock fuel. Would that be the most effective/highest hp stock turbo setup? Versus RCD 75/59 or elite jr high power?

So far I really love my setup (stock VGT with JHP) but I am sure HPs would make a little more powa. With compounds, to the best of knowledge HPs are most powerful game in town on stock fuel. The only other compound setup I can think of that might compare would be Morgan's add a turbo kit if you fit 2 BB Garrett's around the same size as HPs but nbody has tried that to date I have heard of.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
This is just my opinion, but to me the cost of the High Powers is not worth the slight gain in hp (if any) over the Jr High Powers or RCD 75/59. They may spool slightly faster and sound much better but I wouldn't be willing to shell out 4 more g's for that lol.

Now if the money isn't a problem I definitely say go for the High Powers but I'm a broke fool lol

Latest posts

Members online