What's the deal with the Dieselsite Overdrive?

jngreen

Reaction score
I could bump the key with mine and it would fire. It was crazy.

The word "could" is past tense and would indicate that you no longer use it on your truck. Why do you no longer use it on your truck? Hopefully there is more performance gains to be had than just faster startups.

Also, why do I remember something about a certain injector builder being somewhat excited about the possible gains to be had by increasing the oil "pulses" or frequency of pulses feeding the injectors? I could be remembering incorrectly, but I think it was something along those lines.

Gearhead

Reaction score
The word "could" is past tense and would indicate that you no longer use it on your truck. Why do you no longer use it on your truck? Hopefully there is more performance gains to be had than just faster startups.

Also, why do I remember something about a certain injector builder being somewhat excited about the possible gains to be had by increasing the oil "pulses" or frequency of pulses feeding the injectors? I could be remembering incorrectly, but I think it was something along those lines.

I am the mattr66 quoted above. It ran awesome with my 400% nozzled injectors.

TARM

Reaction score
From every person that demo'd one of these that I saw that posted a review there was nothing but positive performance results. As for wear of the actual pump from the overdrive speed that's just not happening at any significant amount. There certianly are plenty of 7.3 running around with big differential gearing so they are spinning significantly higher RPMS for every given speed than what most hear would ever be running. You do not exactly hear about failed HPOP from those running 4:30 or 4:88 gears vs 3.73 do ya? Also aren't other HPOP that use the same basic design and alloys running at these speeds in other IH HEUI motors? DT466 6.0 ?

Shearing no worse than any dual hpop.

All of this stuff is old news and been hashed out when it first came out. There seems to be some history behind some of this.

TARM

Reaction score
I know who you are and I read your testimonial, but you didn't answer my question(s).

What he is saying is it had nothing to do with performance but that it was a demo unit and as such a loaner.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ok so if the tests were positive where is the final product?

I want to make it clear that im not doubt bob or dieselsite, im just asking questions from the outside in, like you guys im constantly learning, i get big oil questions all the time, and i like to have answers for people even if i dont know everything there is to know about it

Last edited:

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
Last time I talked to Bob, there was something that he wasn't happy with in the design, and he was weighing the options of if it was worth spending tens of thousands of dollars to redesign it for the few that he may sell. I think if he had guys knocking on his doorstep looking for it with cash in hand, he may get a little more excited about redesigning it. How many guys here would ACTUALLY buy one, and not just say "wow thats a cool idea..."??? I THINK that is why you haven't seen it yet. Only Bob can confirm or deny that though.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
The SRP1 killed the 7.3 HPOP market, 699.00 for a pump that will take care of 98% of the HPOP needs kinda makes it pointless for anyone to make anything else.

psduser1

Reaction score
What I have taken from all I read, the biggest advantage is adjustability I:e I don't have enough oil, change the gearset. Too much, change the gearset, and so on. Your tuner of choice would have more flexibility with his tables and in theory you could fine-tune to your hearts content. Costwise, $1000 is pretty reasonable if your change your mind on nozzle size, if your current pump was poorly chosen before..02c

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
The SRP1 killed the 7.3 HPOP market, 699.00 for a pump that will take care of 98% of the HPOP needs kinda makes it pointless for anyone to make anything else.

If I wasn't slightly worried about spinning the pump too fast in my app - I would consider an SRP1 in front of an overdrive for my race setup - but with baseline engine RPMs I am wanting - I think I should be worried about that pump. LOL I would love evidence otherwise though - I just don't expect it since there might only be like 5 people on the planet that would even consider spinning 5500-6000 engine RPMs down the track under full load in a HEUI 7.3.

jngreen

Reaction score
Ok so if the tests were positive where is the final product?

I want to make it clear that im not doubt bob or dieselsite, im just asking questions from the outside in, like you guys im constantly learning, i get big oil questions all the time, and i like to have answers for people even if i dont know everything there is to know about it

Thanks for that, you put into words what I couldn't.

I am a 7.3 guy, I own two of them and friends and familly own several more. I don't currently have the disposable income to modify my own trucks because of my house remodeling projects but when I do, I will be in the market for some parts. I am considered the Ford truck/ Power Stroke expert in my area even though I am far from it and never claimed to be. That doesn't stop people from asking me for advice or help turning wrenches when they need it. Everything I have learned about these trucks and engines have been from wrenching on my own or the hours spent reading threads like this. I also like to have answers for people when they ask the questions.

jngreen

Reaction score
If I wasn't slightly worried about spinning the pump too fast in my app - I would consider an SRP1 in front of an overdrive for my race setup - but with baseline engine RPMs I am wanting - I think I should be worried about that pump. LOL I would love evidence otherwise though - I just don't expect it since there might only be like 5 people on the planet that would even consider spinning 5500-6000 engine RPMs down the track under full load in a HEUI 7.3.

When are you going to work on that pile anyways?

:)

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
When are you going to work on that pile anyways?

:)

Its amazing how long some of the little incedentals that no one considers really takes - I actually am doing little stuff for the project all the time - but its stuff that just takes time and effort to do and doesn't really "look" like progress - and some of it is stuff that I'm just not going to show you guys :D I have to keep some secrets. LOL

jngreen

Reaction score
So your saying it shears the oil like the duals :badidea:

I didn't see where anybody said anything about that, except for you.

The only person who has had hands on experience with the product in this thread, chose to only talk about how crazy fast the startups were.

Southmike

Reaction score
And that it worked fine for 400 injectors...
Keep fishing.

Id imagine there is a big diff in wear of a puller or track truck vs 80,0000 dd miles.

Tom S

Reaction score
Along the lines of what David posted has there been a thread on here yet to really discuss in depth the new stealth pump.

Gearhead

Reaction score
I didn't see where anybody said anything about that, except for you.

The only person who has had hands on experience with the product in this thread, chose to only talk about how crazy fast the startups were.

It worked great all around but I had to give mine up. I would still be running it today if I could be. Bob made everyone turn them in.