Who else is using the RCD Dual Fuelers?

3brorce

Reaction score
sounds like a rail psi fluctuation like said. May be more dramatic with cruise on going down a grade as well.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Does it do It in a certain range only after the convertor locks like 55-60mph and then doesn't anymore after that speed or does it do it at all times after the convertor locks?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Does it do It in a certain range only after the convertor locks like 55-60mph and then doesn't anymore after that speed or does it do it at all times after the convertor locks?

I can get it to mellow out around 65 with careful throttle input. But any other speed with the converter locked it does it.

golfer

Reaction score
big(ger) nozzles will need much lower inj pulsewidth, much lower MFD, and the setup will be much more sensitive to rail pressure.

if the pressure(s) themselves (up& down 2000psi from what psi) aren't retarded...then have Eric drop RP about 15% for a start...I'd bet that once you get the RP down to (guessing) 11,000psi ish for steady state, low pedal % conditions..the truck won't buck/jerk.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
big(ger) nozzles will need much lower inj pulsewidth, much lower MFD, and the setup will be much more sensitive to rail pressure.

if the pressure(s) themselves (up& down 2000psi from what psi) aren't retarded...then have Eric drop RP about 15% for a start...I'd bet that once you get the RP down to (guessing) 11,000psi ish for steady state, low pedal % conditions..the truck won't buck/jerk.
The RP is usually around 13,000 when the surging happens. I'll shoot him a message and see what he can do. I know he mentioned he was fairly limited on tuning it due to how it operates off the EGR wiring. I appreciate the info!

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
during cruising tho you should be able to basically shut off the second pump and rely on the ford pump to do most of the work, then under full throttle kick the other pump in, its rpm and calc torque based anyway so basically throttle position.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
if i come out with a kit that uses other pumps in it, as they do, and i take the time to tune it, work the kinks out, and learn it in and out, i sure am not going to give my tuning secrets away.

doing that allows more companies to develop a kit for it, and use any tuner that can tune rcd's kit, to tune theirs.

the way rcd is handling the tuning is smart. it forces anyone who wants to come out with a ?cp3? to learn to tune it, or they cannot use one.

Sully

Reaction score
Just get some rcd tunes.the cheapest part of the whole deal is tunes...and I doubt if you call them no one is going to answer the phone.Josh has told others how to tune them but he can't hold their hand the entire way.

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Just get some rcd tunes.the cheapest part of the whole deal is tunes...and I doubt if you call them no one is going to answer the phone.Josh has told others how to tune them but he can't hold their hand the entire way.

Josh hold Erics hand on tuning.... I LOLed there

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Josh hold Erics hand on tuning.... I LOLed there

As far as the pumps go that statement might be somewhat true. Having hands on with a truck that has them makes a big difference. Eric can tune no doubt but I bet Josh has way more expertise in doing it

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Considering the first truck to have the dual fueler setup when it was released, was located where? Just saying... could be wrong, don't think I am though ;) to the OP though I'd def would have already ordered RCD tunes since its THIER kit.

Gearhead

Reaction score
RCD uses the EGR system to control the cp3.... the first thing I did was wipe out a bunch of stuff relating to those functions. It would take an act of God for me to go back and change it all back at this point. I could more easily engineer a box to drive the regulator off the factory pressure regulator wires.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Considering the first truck to have the dual fueler setup when it was released, was located where? Just saying... could be wrong, don't think I am though ;) to the OP though I'd def would have already ordered RCD tunes since its THIER kit.

Have you ever tuned anything?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
My main reason with going with Innovative was the fact that I got a set of tunes to try within an hour. And he sent revisions quicker than I could ask for. RCD told me they were a week out on tunes. My main concern with choosing a tuner is I wanted someone who will work with me and not make me wait 2 weeks for some changes and Eric went above and beyond that in those regards. I'm definitely going to give RCD a shot though to see how they are.

When I purchased the kit, I couldn't get much if any info from RCD in regards to install, wiring, belt routing, or anything. Luckily MPD came through with all the info for whatever I didn't figure out on my own. Which is what led me to go with Innovative for tunes as well.

Just to make things clear I'm in no way bashing RCD. I have lots of other parts from them on the truck that I'm happy with and would purchase parts from them in the future. I was more or less looking for feedback from other users just for a better idea if it was an issue on my end.

Sully

Reaction score
That wasn't directed at Eric specifically or in a negative way.he's a good tuner and will figure it out with time.as you know from the tune wait I'm sure Josh just doesn't have the time.tunes take time to develop and time is money.that's a solid combo you have there.careful with the stock rods if you're still running them ;-)

91turbogsx

Reaction score
So I got a new tune from Eric. He told me his CP3 control file is now the same as Josh's since they have been working together. Truck drives a lot better and the surging has gotten a lot better but not 100% gone. But it is definitely ALOT more streetable now. Thought I'd give an update.

Now I just gotta figure out why this thing isn't running as fast as it should be at the track. :doh:

Latest posts

Members online