Who else is using the RCD Dual Fuelers?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
So after getting more drive time on the new tune the surging is coming back. Seems every time I reflash a tune the surging is alot less at first and slowly gets worse. Not only that, after doing some data logging on a few WOT passes rail pressure is dropping to 18k psi.

According to my couple of passes at the strip over the weekend my trap speeds are putting me at about 650 hp. Something is definitely wrong and I need to figure it out. :doh:

And I was never worried about rods. LOL Don't think I'll ever be.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So after getting more drive time on the new tune the surging is coming back. Seems every time I reflash a tune the surging is alot less at first and slowly gets worse. Not only that, after doing some data logging on a few WOT passes rail pressure is dropping to 18k psi.

According to my couple of passes at the strip over the weekend my trap speeds are putting me at about 650 hp. Something is definitely wrong and I need to figure it out. :doh:

what are fuel temps when the surging starts?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
what are fuel temps when the surging starts?

I have never had fuel temps above 120 degrees. In this cooler weather I haven't saw it above 90 degrees. It doesn't seem to be relative to temp because it will do it all the time whether the truck is cold or at operating temp.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Is it possible that your pcv and vcv adaptive learning is playing a role in the surging? And how many miles are on your hpfp?
160k on the factory pump. I know it probably should be replaced soon but I don't believe it's the root of the issue. And I'm unsure about the PCV and VCV.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

Hey man, would you wanna email me your truck info and everything and I'll turn stuff to josh and see if one of our calibrations fixes it?

[email protected]

Jared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Gearhead

Reaction score
There is an adaptive learning function with the regulators on the pump... could be messing with your game.

BogginF350

Reaction score
What is your low pressure fuel set at? What psi? A k16 will hunt and surge if you go over 5-7 psi. Go over that with a cp3 and it compounded. I sent you the file that's in my truck tonight. Tune did 7.45 @94 mph in the 1/8 on mud tires at 7,800lb with stock appearing turbos.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
What is your low pressure fuel set at? What psi? A k16 will hunt and surge if you go over 5-7 psi. Go over that with a cp3 and it compounded. I sent you the file that's in my truck tonight. Tune did 7.45 @94 mph in the 1/8 on mud tires at 7,800lb with stock appearing turbos.

I got your file. Gonna try it tomorrow. I appreciate it Josh.

As far as low pressure fuel I have the Airdog set at 15 psi and the return set at 10 psi. I asked MPD about this today and he said they set both at 15. I've been seeing quite the variance in recommended pressures. Should I drop them down to 7 psi?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
So I loaded up Josh's race file. Did a few WOT passes and I'm getting low rail pressure. It's about 15k psi with PW at 2.3ms. Could my K16 be that bad where it can't keep up even with dual pumps? Curious if it is the root cause of the surging as well. :confused:

golfer

Reaction score
So I loaded up Josh's race file. Did a few WOT passes and I'm getting low rail pressure. It's about 15k psi with PW at 2.3ms. Could my K16 be that bad where it can't keep up even with dual pumps? Curious if it is the root cause of the surging as well. :confused:

R&R the back of the pump...flip the inlet/outlet plate over, reassemble...25+kpsi rail pressure.

..just a guess

Latest posts

Members online