Who else is using the RCD Dual Fuelers?

golfer

Reaction score
I'll politely..retract my last post...missed the CP3 (not K16) and EGR functions as controls...

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Is it common for the Fuel Control Actuator or regulator to go bad on a CP3? After unplugging the CP3 it drives the exact same way, surging and everything. I swear it has been running off the K16 alone the whole time and obviously it is not going to keep up with 60% nozzles. I confirmed that the wiring is correct. I just don't know where to start with this issue. I also lowered the fuel pressure to Josh's spec and it is no different. I'm at a loss and don't know which system I should be focused on.

I'm also getting a p1336 code at times. But the CEL will shut off on its own. I want to figure out the real issue without throwing parts at it. Just for personal knowledge sake.

I truly appreciate all the help so far guys.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
unhooking the regulator should make the cp3 to go to full fuel, know when i was testing one that even unplugged the control from stock pump was enough to make it drive somewhat smooth ect, only thing i noticed was after a hot restart the truck would want to make 10k pressure instantly and the injectors rattled, i dont remember a surge however.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
unhooking the regulator should make the cp3 to go to full fuel, know when i was testing one that even unplugged the control from stock pump was enough to make it drive somewhat smooth ect, only thing i noticed was after a hot restart the truck would want to make 10k pressure instantly and the injectors rattled, i dont remember a surge however.

That's what I thought it was supposed to do as well but I can unplug it and nothing happens. No change in injector noise or increase in rail pressure.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
If you watch pvc and vcv with ids you can actually see the change. Or at least you should be able.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
So I drove with the PCV and VCV adaptive tables cleared and I still experience a surge. I only have AE at the moment. Won't let me monitor there actual values while driving but will let me set them at fixed percentages.

I feel like the CP3 isn't doing anything at all which would be my dropping rail pressure issue. Plugging it in and unplugging it do absolutely nothing. But the surging issue seems to be related to the k16. Maybe I'm wrong but that's where I'm at. I'm just getting frustrated. :confused:

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Also when I first got it running after the build, when I put it in drive at idle, rail pressure would shoot up to 9k psi or so and the injectors would rattle. Doesn't do that anymore.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I should also mention the CP3 high pressure line used to make a noise at idle and it no longer does that either. You could feel the pulses in the line. Just leads me to believe the CP3 is an expensive idler pulley at the moment.

golfer

Reaction score
..any reason to not run the truck (for a short test) w/o the belt installed to confirm this..? assuming the batteries are good...shouldn't hurt anything for a short run.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
..any reason to not run the truck (for a short test) w/o the belt installed to confirm this..? assuming the batteries are good...shouldn't hurt anything for a short run.

I suppose I could try that. If anything it'll give me a head start to pull the cp3 out. LOL

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Think abouy going to a dual k16 setup?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure yet. I really don't want to buy another CP3 though. I'm trying to diagnose it without throwing parts at it but at this point I'm not sure what else to do from here. Just placed an order for a new k16...

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Changed the tune and got the line noise to reappear. When I unplug it the pulses in the line goes away and when I plug it in it comes back. But it still loses rail pressure at WOT. With a 2.1ms tune it drops to 16k psi.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

golfer

Reaction score
I'm running 60% nozzles, twin K16s...and have np holding RP.

based on the sound your pump is making..and lack of RP...I think you need to check LP fuel pressure...fuel quality..and then when your sure you don't have any trash in the system..put another pump on.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I'm running 60% nozzles, twin K16s...and have np holding RP.

based on the sound your pump is making..and lack of RP...I think you need to check LP fuel pressure...fuel quality..and then when your sure you don't have any trash in the system..put another pump on.

I have played with fuel pressure from 10-15 psi. I can't get the ADII to go below 10 like Josh suggested. Should the regulator on the return be set to the same as the regulator on the ADII? I have the CP3 return T'd into the K16 return before the regulator.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm for me that when you unplug the cp3 rail pressure rises? Gotta be someone out there with a running truck with this setup.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.