2013 Platinum 6.7 Motor Build

dseitler

Reaction score
Wanted to share the build of the 2013 Platinum that some have been following for quite sometime during my Turbo Testing. We figured we had reached the limits of the bottom end at 671HP with the MPD HTT367 Turbo Kit and with the new 369sx Turbo being received on 8/12 it was time to upgrade.
Now for the Build: Starting out with a new 2015 block, crank, pistons and heads. Machining all surfaces on block along with with align bore crank and cam. Prep the block for Oring head gaskets. Going to use R&R Rods with de-lipped ceramic coated pistons and gapless rings. Tig weld crank and cam gear along with balance internal V8 assembly. Port and Polish heads and install Hamilton valve springs and pushrods. Extreme studs and Colt stage 1 cam.
The Build will be finished early next week and our engine was shipped out today with all its accessories on it so they could be swapped over next week and be ready to be picked up next weekend if all goes well.
Craig and the crew at Maryland Performance Diesel have done a awesome job and jumped right on this build for us and this has all happened in a matter of a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to driving up there to pickup the completed build and meeting the people I have been dealing with for the past couple of years.
Really looking forward to driving the new build and continue the testing with the 369sx and beyond. Been talking to Morgan about a Trans because I'm sure that's just around the corner.
02308b097185f7cf22edaf85bf1bd258.jpg

Ready to go.
0eb8e0fe86e261b7c11eed3446221c2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dseitler

Reaction score
You were the one that was complaining about the 6.7 world being boring so Dallas and Josh go out and buy trucks to build. Gary rips in a new Turbo and I splatter my truck all over the shop and 2 states and it's boring? Tough room!

Biggpigg4x4

Reaction score
You were the one that was complaining about the 6.7 world being boring so Dallas and Josh go out and buy trucks to build. Gary rips in a new Turbo and I splatter my truck all over the shop and 2 states and it's boring? Tough room!

Its boring until we see track times, boost launchs, and burnouts.

Reaction score
Dan, this may be a dumb question, but you were running stock rods and stock trans this whole time with all of your turbo testing and put down 671 hp? I thought for some reason you had a built engine. If all stock, very impressive considering how much Ive heard about you testing all sorts of turbos!! Also, excited about this build!

Biggpigg4x4

Reaction score
Dan, this may be a dumb question, but you were running stock rods and stock trans this whole time with all of your turbo testing and put down 671 hp? I thought for some reason you had a built engine. If all stock, very impressive considering how much Ive heard about you testing all sorts of turbos!! Also, excited about this build!

Dan was running stock rods and stock trans the whole time.

dseitler

Reaction score
Never had any issues with the Trans. Always has worked well for me but I have always had good Trans Tuning. From Tadd from the beginning to Craig now. Serviced with filter every 10K with oil samples. I pull very heavy loads also up to 19,000lb Trailers on a daily basis some weeks.
Yeah it's time to push the 300 series Turbo to see what they can do.

Latest posts

Members online