2013 Platinum 6.7 Motor Build

Gleebag

Reaction score
Dan keep an eye on the shocks with the tire rubbing in the front I have the same setup, looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
So how's the ride with the shocks!?!

Did you get the adjustables?

dseitler

Reaction score
Yeah that was my truck. I had know idea it was in the magazine until my phone blew up when it came out.

I can't believe the difference in the ride. I've changed shocks before on other builds but this made one hell of a difference. We checked the clearance on the shocks and we had plenty of room.

Jomax

Reaction score
Yeah that was my truck. I had know idea it was in the magazine until my phone blew up when it came out.

I can't believe the difference in the ride. I've changed shocks before on other builds but this made one hell of a difference. We checked the clearance on the shocks and we had plenty of room.

Are they the adjustable shocks? Or did you get the ones with no compression/rebound adjusters?

sootie

Reaction score
Non adjustable but they are perfect. Mike hooked me up!

do you mind sharing compressed and extended length? As well as what spring setup in the front? did you remove the bumpstop entirely? pm if you wish...just getting ready to lower my reg cab.

dseitler

Reaction score
do you mind sharing compressed and extended length? As well as what spring setup in the front? did you remove the bumpstop entirely? pm if you wish...just getting ready to lower my reg cab.

No problem at all. What ever you need. We dropped the rear blocks out and used 2013 F250 rear Ubolts and put the springs dead on the axle and used the thin plastic shim for noise reduction. Purchased a new set of 5600 springs for the front (most important thing) the reason is the 4400 springs are too loose and will be soft or bouncy!! 5600 were standard on my F350 with the Heavy Duty front service package when I ordered the truck. We used a digital level on the frame and cut the front coil springs on the top until the truck sit 1 Deg lower in the front. About 1-3/4 inch we cut. The driver side coil is 1/2 longer than the passenger side. The info on the Kings is at the shop and I will post that tomorrow. Bump stops are removed.

sootie

Reaction score
No problem at all. What ever you need. We dropped the rear blocks out and used 2013 F250 rear Ubolts and put the springs dead on the axle and used the thin plastic shim for noise reduction. Purchased a new set of 5600 springs for the front (most important thing) the reason is the 4400 springs are too loose and will be soft or bouncy!! 5600 were standard on my F350 with the Heavy Duty front service package when I ordered the truck. We used a digital level on the frame and cut the front coil springs on the top until the truck sit 1 Deg lower in the front. About 1-3/4 inch we cut. The driver side coil is 1/2 longer than the passenger side. The info on the Kings is at the shop and I will post that tomorrow. Bump stops are removed.

Much appreciated! Would you have any photos of where you cut the coils (I did see the ones in this thread-wonder if you have more)? or where/how you measured the 1.75"?

do you get any harsh bottoming out or frame interference at all with this setup? Would you have any advantage being that you are using alas? (i will be using stock radius arms)

Last edited:

dseitler

Reaction score
Much appreciated! Would you have any photos of where you cut the coils (I did see the ones in this thread-wonder if you have more)? or where/how you measured the 1.75"?

do you get any harsh bottoming out or frame interference at all with this setup? Would you have any advantage being that you are using alas? (i will be using stock radius arms)

With the stock shocks on a speed bump it bottomed out but never on regular driving.

3a8d12ee9a78d01a16f0ea0ec458308c.jpg

Not a very good pic

Halestorm55

Reaction score
I would think it would move less with the stock stuff. The heim style should move more than a solid rubber bushing.

looking up parts

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
With the stock shocks on a speed bump it bottomed out but never on regular driving.

3a8d12ee9a78d01a16f0ea0ec458308c.jpg

Not a very good pic

good move. i do love how my truck drives super soft , but have thought of going back to heavy springs and cutting offset for the drivers side as you did.

dseitler

Reaction score
We did another 6.7 with the softer springs and I hated it but the customer chooses to stick with it. I knew when I did mine I wanted a stiffer but not harsh ride and I think with the Kings from Mike I have achieved what I wanted.
Now just the rear sway bar and outboard airbag kit and I'll be ready for Drag and Race Coarse.

dseitler

Reaction score
acdc732458c5a62ecaaff8f19557a612.jpg

Truck and New SunCoast Trans are both at SunCoast for there install. Should be done this week and then I'll let you know how she does. Finally going to be able to put the power to the road. Updates soon. D

Latest posts

Members online