2013 Platinum 6.7 Motor Build

dseitler

Reaction score
Probably the same reason I'm having my motor built. You cross over that magical line that's out there somewhere. I know I was knocking on the door with a 50 pound hammer. You can only do so many 2nd gear 2000 RPM 18 - 20 Boost launch 1/4 runs before you cash in your chips. My time was up and we knew it. So it was pull back and stop or move forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Probably the same reason I'm having my motor built. You cross over that magical line that's out there somewhere. I know I was knocking on the door with a 50 pound hammer. You can only do so many 2nd gear 2000 RPM 18 - 20 Boost launch 1/4 runs before you cash in your chips. My time was up and we knew it. So it was pull back and stop or move forward.

Except the Tsd truck that is still out there running mid to high 11's day after day , must be some kinda freak !

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
which truck are you talking about?

Their triple turbo 6.7 race truck. They cracked the block iircc on the first built motor and the second blew up like right away because of a oil pump failure. At least that's what i read.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Their triple turbo 6.7 race truck. They cracked the block iircc on the first built motor and the second blew up like right away because of a oil pump failure. At least that's what i read.

IIRC it didnt actually crack the block. I think it broke a piston skirt and that trashed the cylinder wall. Initial thought was cracked block. Then again who knows, the story's changed a couple times based off of hear-say. Lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
well , my built motor is smoked , and its not an oil pump issue.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Sounds about like whats in my motor more or less. Excited to see whats next in line for your truck. Should be interesting I'm sure haha. Good luck my man.

jcain

Reaction score

I meant their big build race truck.

johnp115

Reaction score
Did mpd ever say why their shop truck ate its motor?

This, and it happened halfway through a Dyno pull so probably not the best time for that to blow apart lol. Is from what I heard...

Edit: and they had a 2015 block (pretty sure from the test truck) with a hole in the side of it so defintely have had some unfortunate luck of going through motors. Just the name of the game I guess! Lol
97299b2ebda5d84f0143ceea91b52e91.jpg

Last edited:

dseitler

Reaction score
Latest update is the motor is finished and we are on our way to Maryland to pick it up. Should be there midmorning on Saturday and to visit MPD's new facility. Should start Assembly and installation middle of next week after some fuel line, fuel pump and engine compartment modification.

Latest posts

Members online