238/80's hazing at idle

V-Ref

Reaction score
It's a supplemental feed for the reservoir.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showpost.php?p=709626&postcount=21

On the idle, I was pretty finicky...probably high mx to Matt and other tuners :)

Matt's tuning, Nate's injectors, HPO system health, a solid RR fuel system, and Swamps HF/HV IDM seemed to be the key components to low temp start/idle performance with stock like or better characteristics using 200% nozzles.

Last edited:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Gearhead Hydra tuning "All Out" tune
Unlimited 400cc/200% injs
18F air temp
12F oil temp
overnight, no plug, not driven in 5 days, truck has been driven 17 miles since HG replacement, probably still have some air in the HPO sys.

i-pHc8qzf-M.jpg

After 5 minutes of idleing (Gearhead "Whisper" tune)
i-2WS5NJ5-M.jpg

Gearheads Hydra tuning with the new 4 line is the best my truck has idled...ever. I'm sure other tuners have idle figured out too, just posting my experience. The reason for the engine compartment shot, is to show no "shake, rattle, and roll" like I've had before....he'll probably say it's the same tables, and he didn't change a thing now :) ....but I'm just sayin'

For some reason the videos do not work for me. I am not sure why??

dmeis

Reaction score
What numbers are you at with the 3rd video? Twice the stock values? I'm showing 6 degrees (0 celcius) between 500 and 1000 RPM.

firehunter

Reaction score
Thanks, that helps. I didn't know if it took 2 minutes or 10 minutes to reach those temps. If I let mine idle, even at 1100 rpm high idle, it will still be smoking 15 minutes later. Thanks.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Does anybody have a superduty that can log what their baro sensor reads at 5000 ft or higher?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Could it be the ccv? Being rerouted? Aih removed? No muffler? Need a little more icp? Mine will sit at 475-500 at idle once out of the "cold" range but it seems too low. Like another hundred would clear alot of shti up.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Sorry 7.3

Ok Sorry I cant help you!

Ty mine Idles right around 450 to 475 when warm. It's nice and smooth though. With bigger nozzles the lower ICP helps them Idle smoother. I have done 550 to 600 and it runs a little choppy when The oil is over 195.
Now on start up my ICP is around 900 to 1000 but but 30 degrees its around 650. It runs smooth as silk. But as said when the oil gets over 195 the idle start to get choppy if I have the ICP much over 500 psi.

I can still I think, safely tweak the timing a little more..

Another thing I noticed the other day and I will be changing, is my fuel PSI is set @ 78 to 80 psi... :shocked: Not sure if that will cause it to have that raw fuel smoke when the engine is cold. I am going set it to 65 psi and see what happens.

When the engine hits 100 degrees the smoke is gone no more to be seen.

Are any of you guys still seeing a haze @ a Idle even after the engine is up to normal temps?? Like 180 degrees and higher??

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.