238/80's hazing at idle

Swaan

Reaction score
In my case my engine is fresh, turbo is new , perty much everything is new.
I still think it's just tuning myself. Exaust just stinks like raw unburnt fuel. Engine doesn't burn a drop of oil. This truck runs really good warm thou, just rips.
Just turns into a fog machine and makes small children cry for there mommys when cold.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I dont think thats 100s of modified trucks problem. A nicked oring.

I did not mean that that is what all the problem is. Just stated it could also be as simple as a nicked O ring. I had the same problem before changed a couple O-rings that did not look good and the problem went away.

But now I am sure in my case it is to much PW when cold.

Like other my engine does not burn oil. I have anew turbo, Injectors are fresh, etc. The funny thing is it never used to do that. It just started blowing smoke like that It used to start up and run clean. Even At 30 degrees.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Right, but there are a dozen in here doing it and i highly doubt trucks with new injectors are nicking the orings everytime. Ive swapped injectors five times and have yet to nick an oring.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Right, but there are a dozen in here doing it and i highly doubt trucks with new injectors are nicking the orings everytime. Ive swapped injectors five times and have yet to nick an oring.

Agreed. My pickup when I bought it did that. The thing that gets me is. Why did it not do it at first with the new injectors. But after 5k miles it started to get worse and worse? It has not gotten any worse since in fact it has gotten a little better with tuning. But still think the ICP is to high. Will keep trying and will see what happens.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
yep min huffs when engine is cold, smoke goes away for the most part when warm but can still smell it

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
200 nozzles, no air heater, new turbo, fresh motor, no matter the tune or tuner and the truck still smokes pretty good when cold until the oil temp is about 80ish. the smoke makes for a cool photo when its cold out LOL

this is after about a ~10 minute warm up

IMG_8035_zpsf65e8e63.jpg
[/URL]
20140130_153833_zpse40f87b9.jpg
[/URL]

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Cuz they are ALL controlled electronically and hydraulically and not a single one of them are identical... problem solved

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
There have been umpteen logical reasons. Aih was the really logical one since these very symptoms are what its designed to mitigate.

Obs trucks never had them, super duties with them deleted smoke during cold idling. Timing changes in tuning get rid of it. End of story.

02BigD

Reaction score
Second time I've seem the picture, but I don't understand where the issue is. Can you explain please?

DocBar

Reaction score
My truck has smoked like a pig on cold starts since I went to a built motor and bigger injectors in 2010. I've been live tuned by 3 different tuners. I've sent oil samples to Blackstone that come back clean, so I don't worry about it. Some seem to smoke, some seem not to. no rhyme or reason that I can see.

Montgomery P-Stroke

Reaction score
My brother's truck does the same thing on cold starts with Swamps 175/146 injectors. Brand new motor from the International dealer and a brand new 38R still smokes just like the old one till warmed up. Started with the Swamps tuning and it was pretty bad...now with PHP tuning the truck is moody as heck...sometimes it smokes but then sometimes it doesn't like a stock injectored truck. I remember reading a thread somewhere a while back when Gearhead chimed in and said that some smoke and some don't with the same setups and tuning on cold starts....apparently this is a problem that all tuners are battlling with larger than stock single shots. I still don't understand why the 175's with stock nozzles have this problem as most of the complaints are in the hybrid sizes +.

Latest posts

Members online