$400 motor goes 80k...

mandkole

Reaction score
joe, how many miles on that CL flaming turd?? would seem to be ok once it was stripped and cleaned up.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I dont know... Looking at the pictures it looks like an old sawcutting rig. Its been on CL off and on for over a year...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
when you put this motor in, did you re-ring or check bearings on it?

co04cobra

Reaction score
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/ptd/3549721529.html

Would anyone touch this motor???

Engine fire... but only $650. Have not even called to see what miles are on it.

Ive fixed a few that were that bad. Maybe a little worse. Long block would be fine. Usually melts the injector solenoids where they cant be used, but the bodies have been fine. Also, have reused a hpop on one of them and it was fine. The very top gasket on the front cover for the resevior would for sure need a new gasket. Other then that I did not pull the front covers or pans.

I pulled the heads on the E99 motor late this eveing. I didnt really like what I saw on #2. I am going to inspect it more in the a.m.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Ive fixed a few that were that bad. Maybe a little worse. Long block would be fine. Usually melts the injector solenoids where they cant be used, but the bodies have been fine. Also, have reused a hpop on one of them and it was fine. The very top gasket on the front cover for the resevior would for sure need a new gasket. Other then that I did not pull the front covers or pans.

I pulled the heads on the E99 motor late this eveing. I didnt really like what I saw on #2. I am going to inspect it more in the a.m.

Thank you sir! Let me know. Still kicking it around.

OSCS

Reaction score
I can vouche for seth, good guy to work with. He wouldn't sell you an engine that he wouldn't put in his own truck.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Went and looked at this tonight...

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/3536038891.html

Pretty much a done deal now. Will pick it up monday night. Interior is a 8 out of 10, exterior looks like it was perfect.

Only has 156k on it. If I can part it out at cheap prices quick I can almost get the motor for nothing.

That will be a pretty good deal for you. Shipping on our deal was kind of a killer. Now I need to see what it would cost to send me those front seats and that zf-5 setup. :D

CSIPSD

Reaction score
That will be a pretty good deal for you. Shipping on our deal was kind of a killer. Now I need to see what it would cost to send me those front seats and that zf-5 setup. :D

LOL... I might keep the front seats for the bronco, there super clean!

Thats the part I am just not sure on, how much is the ZF-5 worth? I'm figuring about $400 or so, maybe $600 if someone wants to do a auto to manual swap with all the clutch peddles and such...

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
LOL... I might keep the front seats for the bronco, there super clean!

Thats the part I am just not sure on, how much is the ZF-5 worth? I'm figuring about $400 or so, maybe $600 if someone wants to do a auto to manual swap with all the clutch peddles and such...

I'd be real interested in all the swap pieces if you decide to go that route.
Haven't heard back from the guy I contacted up here. I might just swing by his farm on my way home from work and see if the truck is still there.

liquidlounge

Reaction score
Joe might be my all time favorite fourum guy, he buys and tries lots of things and then shares his experience and opinions with everyone. Who cares if he rubs someone the wrong way, its the internet. I have PM'd Joe (where it is more personal) on another forum and he was super generous with his time and thoughts. Jat, do you really expect someone to take the time to respond to your PM just to argue or act badass? And you are calling him 12 years old. If someone doesn't like a product, its great to hear about it (DP Tuner looks like they are doing just fine to me)...the ironic thing is, he may have been instrumental in saving DP tuner: I personally think their tunes were changed up and made safer or maybe they just evolved into better tunes like everyone else. I know their customer service is much better than it used to be when they were the undesputed "kings of tuning". People complained and things changed.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Back on track....lets talk about Joes engine and him replacing it....not ancient history.

Latest posts

Members online