$400 motor goes 80k...

moose99psd

Reaction score
Well 3 hours later there she is, we will start stripping down momentarily. Ill post oics of what we find.

from my butt

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358717177214.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358717177214.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 182

TyCorr

Reaction score
If you get somebody you dont have to babysit, you can yank.em that quick. Took me twice that long but I was by myself and had to quit due to loss of daylight. Im excited to see this unfold.

moose99psd

Reaction score
Ive pulled a few motors in my day, I may be young but the old man has been doing it for longer than ive been alive. We dicked around this time or it woukd have been faster....

well survey says its a hole in the piston. Started from a couple of cracks.. nozzles are all in good visable shape we will see what whoever he decides to have build them says on that for sure though. Motors torn down, ill be dropping off heads tomorrow for a rebuild. Hopefully in a couple weeks we will have him up and running again.

from my butt

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358732141573.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358732141573.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 144
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358732154564.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358732154564.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 153

Clem1226

Reaction score
let me know if you guys need any help/grunt labor, I'm right up the street on Dodds at mile marker 4

Reaction score
Nice work fellas on getting it out quick.
On the carnage side of things.....lets be honest its the best part!
Feel bad for Joe but glad you guys are getting it done. Let us know if we can help in anyway.

Black 02

Reaction score
400cc/400% with stocker GTP38.

200hp NOS

Propane

No Muffler

K & N Intake

Blocked Return Line

90%/10% Diesel-Gas mix

From what I've read on other sites, that combo should be good for 750 hp plus.

LOL

In all seriousness, nice work on getting the engine yanked. That's fast.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Damn, only 3 hours? I need to have you guys come over here and pull mine so I can swap the oil pan.

Its really not hard to yard them out, I honestly think having a bit of a lift makes it easier.

We removed the up pipes before pulling the motor because someone forgot the extensions to unbolt the trans... That took 30 minutes more then it needed too...

Lots of practice

Har Har...

Of course around my house we do our own work, we dont send our trucks to a shop to have a sensor replaced...:poke:

Ive pulled a few motors in my day, I may be young but the old man has been doing it for longer than ive been alive. We dicked around this time or it woukd have been faster....

well survey says its a hole in the piston. Started from a couple of cracks.. nozzles are all in good visable shape we will see what whoever he decides to have build them says on that for sure though. Motors torn down, ill be dropping off heads tomorrow for a rebuild. Hopefully in a couple weeks we will have him up and running again.

from my butt

Thanks for the help again...

I was honestly supprised how good the motor looked overall, I could see that block being punched 20 over and thrown back together.

let me know if you guys need any help/grunt labor, I'm right up the street on Dodds at mile marker 4

Nice work fellas on getting it out quick.
On the carnage side of things.....lets be honest its the best part!
Feel bad for Joe but glad you guys are getting it done. Let us know if we can help in anyway.

No need to be "sorry"... I was in that motor $400, and it lasted 80k. It also finally let go at home, rather then AZ or SoCal... I was as happy as one could be...

Also I hear Joe is throwing some nitrous at this one......so much for stock.LOL

Not a chance. I may even pull the water injection, as I never seem to need it anymore.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
So... Couple opinion questions...

Turbo needs rebuilt, not sure if something got in it, or if its just a lack of oil... Its nearly locked up.

Pius is close and local... Not sure of the cost however or timing...
Beans... Built it, or maybe they have someone else?

Paint color???

Thinking Cat Yellow?

I've done blue, black and green...

Not sure who I am going to send the injectors yet...

Not changing them other then to fix anything worn and the poppet issue I was fighting.

TyCorr

Reaction score
So... Couple opinion questions...

Turbo needs rebuilt, not sure if something got in it, or if its just a lack of oil... Its nearly locked up.

Pius is close and local... Not sure of the cost however or timing...
Beans... Built it, or maybe they have someone else?

Paint color???

Thinking Cat Yellow?

I've done blue, black and green...

Not sure who I am going to send the injectors yet...

Not changing them other then to fix anything worn and the poppet issue I was fighting.

Turbo, Ill let somebody else answer.

Motor, id do white and silver to match your truck. Throw a lil black in to bring it home.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Gee... Thanks...

Must be a crap turbo if its gone 100k with hours at 1000-1100 EGT's and filthy oil...

Lol oh don't be a girl im just giving you some chit. You've had great luck with your setups power wise. If i was you, i wouldn't bat an eye at getting a fresh rebuilt charger and enjoying another 100k. Pius will get you squared away

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Lol oh don't be a girl im just giving you some chit. You've had great luck with your setups power wise. If i was you, i wouldn't bat an eye at getting a fresh rebuilt charger and enjoying another 100k. Pius will get you squared away

Sorry... my bull sheet meter is on high alert...:fustrate:

FORD7.3

Reaction score
Why not mix it up and go with something pius comes up with for your setup?? And, hard to tell by the pictures but is that a little contact to the side of the hole?? And how did the heads look??

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.