$400 motor goes 80k...

Pretender

Reaction score
Oh there will be comments out of the wood work

Bummer tunes pard..... Good thing you didn't get those sureflows, could only imagine who's fault that would be.

Now back to you regularly scheduled programming

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Why not mix it up and go with something pius comes up with for your setup?? And, hard to tell by the pictures but is that a little contact to the side of the hole?? And how did the heads look??

Side of the hole?

There is some damage to the cylinder wall where the burn thru happened.

I dont need a new fancy turbo, the Modded H2e has worked well and taken everything I could throw at it. It just needs rebuilt, no contact to the housings, nothing other then the center section.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Bummer tunes pard..... Good thing you didn't get those sureflows, could only imagine who's fault that would be.

Now back to you regularly scheduled programming

Oh look... another hider that comes out of the wood work.

Go back to FDP and have your little chats there about me... Get back into your chant circle and start over, only took 3 years of you guys praying for it to blow...:flipa:

FORD7.3

Reaction score
Side of the hole?

There is some damage to the cylinder wall where the burn thru happened.

I dont need a new fancy turbo, the Modded H2e has worked well and taken everything I could throw at it. It just needs rebuilt, no contact to the housings, nothing other then the center section.

Side of the hole on the piston, it looks like an impact.. hard to tell in the picture tho.

FORD7.3

Reaction score
No impact that I can tell. There are some light valve marks which I expected to see a bit.

LOL... Because none of the other forums (6.4,6.7) have any...

LOL

Thats what I was seeing. Faint little mark. But how did all the valves and pushrods look?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Thats what I was seeing. Faint little mark. But how did all the valves and pushrods look?

Push rods are all straight as the day I installed them, the valves appear fine, the heads are at the shop now being reworked.

moose99psd

Reaction score
Heads were dropped off tonight. They will be cleaned and magged within a day or so and go from there. There was a little bit of valve float at some time but only the cylinder with the hole, nothing major and the valves looked good I couldnt see any daylight. She will be all fixed up and back on the road in no time and will go another 100k im sure.

One question I had was on the studs, anyone have the spec for length? They have been tq'ed two times now.. also the springs, just shim them and call it a day or should we get a new set? They arent really expensive.

from my butt

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Few more pictures...

Note the time stamp on the pic's...

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 149

Strokersace

Reaction score
Bum deal Joe. Glad you were close to home when it happened.

I gotta say though, that that is the cleanest f'ing piston I've ever seen inside of a motor!! :p

Got any pics of the star patterns on the pistons?

FORD7.3

Reaction score
Couldnt tell from the pics of the two pistons in the pictures..

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Bum deal Joe. Glad you were close to home when it happened.

I gotta say though, that that is the cleanest f'ing piston I've ever seen inside of a motor!! :p

Got any pics of the star patterns on the pistons?

Just brake clean off the oil...

484714_118397298335347_101960887_n.jpg

I didnt get many pictures on Sunday, when I get home I will snap some more. The burn pattern is in good shape IMHO. You can see most of the burn is in the bowl.

How did the rest of the pistons look?? How was the star pattern on them? Assuming everything was ok? Couldnt tell from the pics of the two pistons in the pictures..

Its good IMHO. I will get some more pictures this weekend assuming I can slip home.

If all 3 of you guys are going to ride in that truck, you best be getting an F550!:thumbsup:

HAHA, the same thing popped into my head when I looked at the pics earlier!

Jimmy has even been in the back seat of my truck (xcab!!!)... LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.