$400 motor goes 80k...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I would be kinda disappointed if that was copied, that seemed like an original idea. I would have just as soon had one without any ports on it but no big deal.

I have seen a few trucks with the Diesel Site spacer, I didnt like where the ports came out of it so I asked Clay to make a spacer with the ports in the correct location...

However like any proto type, the idea is not quite right...

:doh:

My only reason for having one is to run the screen gasket.

Got her running last night. Motor purrs like nothing, even with tons of air in the system! It was too late to finish everything up and give a shake down run, so I hope to sneak home this week and with Nicks help button it up.

Had to redo my fuel system, trans cooler and filter, redo the turbo drain for the 19cm housing, two bolts broke on the mount plate for the T4i, had to drill and tap them bigger (broke 3 easyouts trying to fish the old bolts out...

TyCorr

Reaction score
Cool, Joe. Hopefully get another couple hundred thousand miles out of this one.

Tom S

Reaction score
I have seen a few trucks with the Diesel Site spacer, I didnt like where the ports came out of it so I asked Clay to make a spacer with the ports in the correct location...

However like any proto type, the idea is not quite right...

:doh:

My only reason for having one is to run the screen gasket.

Got her running last night. Motor purrs like nothing, even with tons of air in the system! It was too late to finish everything up and give a shake down run, so I hope to sneak home this week and with Nicks help button it up.

Had to redo my fuel system, trans cooler and filter, redo the turbo drain for the 19cm housing, two bolts broke on the mount plate for the T4i, had to drill and tap them bigger (broke 3 easyouts trying to fish the old bolts out...

I like the idea of the filter screen that is why I run one on mine.

Whoever coined that phrase easyout was a fool.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get at least 150k out of it! LOL.

I would think that is doable. With those injectors you should be able to have a nice cool towing setup. Be sure to keep posting and let us know how it treats you.

MRT1

Reaction score
John,

Why are you a troll, and an idiot...:fustrate:

Joe,

What do you mean, I have had one for months why the name calling that is just a fact. Fact number two the spacer you have was machined from my material with my porting bits. By the way your welcome.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Joe,

What do you mean, I have had one for months why the name calling that is just a fact. Fact number two the spacer you have was machined from my material with my porting bits. By the way your welcome.

I am glad you have had one for months, You were looking for drama, and you more then likely have caused it now...

Good Job...

BTW, the ports need to be at the top of the spacer, not bottom.

MRT1

Reaction score
I am glad you have had one for months, You were looking for drama, and you more then likely have caused it now...

Good Job...

BTW, the ports need to be at the top of the spacer, not bottom.

Joe,

No drama here just stating a fact, no need for name calling. In regards to the port location why did you not have them located at the top being that you had it built.

Who knows you may like the port location once the unit is placed in service. I like the blue anodize, good luck on your engine build.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Joe,

No drama here just stating a fact, no need for name calling. In regards to the port location why did you not have them located at the top being that you had it built.

Who knows you may like the port location once the unit is placed in service. I like the blue anodize, good luck on your engine build.

You dont get it... Your too busy trying to find something to "get at me" that you didnt pay attn...

It doesnt fit, the fittings hit the HPOP... Of course you would understand that if you ever did anything other then hunt my user name and DP tuner...

MRT1

Reaction score
You dont get it... Your too busy trying to find something to "get at me" that you didnt pay attn...

It doesnt fit, the fittings hit the HPOP... Of course you would understand that if you ever did anything other then hunt my user name and DP tuner...

No need to get upset, if it does not fit I am sure you will get it worked out. I think we all appreciate your hard work and commitment to helping us all further our understanding of the inner workings of the powerstroke engine.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
No need to get upset, if it does not fit I am sure you will get it worked out. I think we all appreciate your hard work and commitment to helping us all further our understanding of the inner workings of the powerstroke engine.

:rolleyes:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
closer pic of how the lift is attached to the engine please What brand of lift is that also?

Forgot to get a picture of the motor mount, its a 1/4" piece of plate steel, bolted to the fuel pump/fuel bowl area (4 bolts) and then a section of chain welded to the plate.

I welded a piece of 1.5x1.5x1/4" angle to the bottom of the plate for a little extra support. Its picked several motors and pulled the motor, trans and T-case out of the totaled truck.

Lift is an unmolested Harbor Freight special.

I believe I will change out the wheels at some point...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Sweet thanks...usually takes 2-3 times to perfectly angle the engine just using the factory hooks, than its one sided.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I use an otc sleever bar to push the motor around when I get it in. Working solo isnt always the best,lol.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Is that a harbor freight engine stand? I need to get one for my motor build. I don't want to tie up another stand so I thought of just buying a cheap one but not sure how they hold up.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My harbor freight stands always work.great. I always buy heavier than I need. The value is outstanding, imo.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I just bought a stand used from a fellow. its a 2000 lb rated that folds. He said he got it from Jegs... think its like $130 shipped!!!