450/400's

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Well the theory that swamps nozzles dont crack is officially broken.... I think it is about a 400% is offered out of a much tougher material.
Those didn't even have 2000 miles on them did they?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Well the theory that swamps nozzles dont crack is officially broken.... I think it is about a 400% is offered out of a much tougher material.
Those didn't even have 2000 miles on them did they?

I personally feel the material between bores needs to be made larger to.withstand its working environment. More.material will take heat better. There will be less.chance for.fissure during.differential cooling.cycles. The only way to do this without selecting a nozzle with smaller holes would be to increase the circumference of the nozzle.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Blame the TUNER !!!! :gun::axe:

Seems like the 7.3 thing to do :D haha.

Sucks to see Dave, are you gonna stick with 400% nozzles or down size ?

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Blame the TUNER !!!! :gun::axe:

Seems like the 7.3 thing to do :D haha.

Sucks to see Dave, are you gonna stick with 400% nozzles or down size ?

Back the timing.off!! Damn!!!! LOL. Sux to see that Dave, but knowing you, you will be back up and running soon

Sent from my EVO 3D on the East Side

907DAVE

Reaction score
Thanks guys, its nothing to get mad about. Gotta pay to play.

I was wondering if its time to upgrade to something bigger....but I dont think there is anything.:D

TARM

Reaction score
Dave,

What you figured I needed company in the blown nozzle dept. Lol

Mine was a tab bit less nozzle missing but the exact same result. Tell me your gut did not turn over when all the power dropped out you had that bang bang coming from that cylinder and enough white smoke to fog out a stadium.:fustrate:

Its almost a relief when you quickly realize its an injector.

I bet that part was actualy in a few pieces instead of one large one which hopefully means it passed thru without damage. Was it llight throttle and rpms or where you on it hard when it let loose?

golfer

Reaction score
Hey Dave..

sorry to hear about the nozzle.

did you purchase those injectors from us? If so, please shoot me an email...

thanks~

Dave

TARM

Reaction score
our engines are part of the mechanical world and in that world all things break.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Dave,

What you figured I needed company in the blown nozzle dept. Lol

Mine was a tab bit less nozzle missing but the exact same result. Tell me your gut did not turn over when all the power dropped out you had that bang bang coming from that cylinder and enough white smoke to fog out a stadium.:fustrate:

Its almost a relief when you quickly realize its an injector.

I bet that part was actualy in a few pieces instead of one large one which hopefully means it passed thru without damage. Was it llight throttle and rpms or where you on it hard when it let loose?

Yeah, the smoke was amazing! Glad there was hardly any traffic, might have caused an accident.

I have a feeling this might have been starting for about a week. I would get random puffs of black smoke at low speeds when I would move the truck around the property, but it would would always clear and run fine.

I realized something was not right when I hopped out of the truck for a moment and the haze was quite noticeable, then as I took off again the truck started puffing black. About 1/2 mile down the road it began to run choppy before it finally broke loose. And yes, I was barely on the throttle the whole time.

TARM

Reaction score
That is exactly the symptoms I had as well before it completely blew. Hence I think it starts as a stress crack that keeps openilike the way a crack on a windshield grow.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Truck is back together and running again. It ran horrible for quite some time, but things seem to be clearing up.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Real choppy in light APP/ cruise situations, and much more noticeable haze.

The truck ran terrible for about an hour after the install. Smoke like hell too, but I am sure having an exhaust manifold and secondary turbine housing full of fuel was to blame for that...plus all the fuel dripping from the exhaust system.

Latest posts

Members online