5r110 out 4r100 in

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
mike has one he will put up
did first 4wd launch lastnight and wow shifts perfect locks the converter right off the line and doesnt slip at all

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
fiqured out how to get everything to work had to put the factory range sensor in out of the 5r110 now truck starts and fuels fully this trans is awsome did some 4wheel launchs lastnight shifts perfect everytime and locks the converter right off the line

Sounds like the 4r is a winner! Damn it didnt take you guys long to get the PCS dialed in at all

Moremph

Reaction score
Sweet Finally glad to see someone did this, I bought a gas case to do it two years ago in my pulling truck and never put the thing back together yet. What did ya do about the couple bolt holes that are diffrent in the modular bellhousing to the 6.4? Drill em out? or just use less bolts. Nice to here it was a direct bolt in other wise, I never did put a tape measure on the length.
Travis

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Sweet Finally glad to see someone did this, I bought a gas case to do it two years ago in my pulling truck and never put the thing back together yet. What did ya do about the couple bolt holes that are diffrent in the modular bellhousing to the 6.4? Drill em out? or just use less bolts. Nice to here it was a direct bolt in other wise, I never did put a tape measure on the length.
Travis

I think they just left 2 bolts out of the top

derrick36

Reaction score
Travis

So the bellhousing from gasser 4R's and 6.4's are close minus a couple bolts?

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I doubt it is "dialed in":confused:

I have 4 yrs. and over 350 passes with my PCS/4R100 and I still tweak on it nearly everytime.

I've been waiting a long time to see a thread like this! You couldn't give me a 5R trans again, JW and I talked about putting a 4R in my 6.0L when I had it and if the trans had given me any problems while I owned it that's what we would have done. I know he's got at least one 6.0L truck with a 4R running around in Cali for better than a year now that is supposed to work real good.

As for PCS and the 4R, killer combination. There is something to be said for having a trans that does exactly what it's told, when it's told, without any OEM BS getting in the way...and for being able to change it at the track as needed! I'd say mine is pretty well dialed in, we make minor tweaks to shift speeds or lockup speed as we make progress with the engine...mostly to manage peak RPM. Otherwise it's pretty spot on for the track and not bad for the street (where I've spent the least amount of time and have the least amount of concern).

Hey Craig...now that you've got the PCS, time to add the D200 Datalogger! That thing has been AWESOME for figuring out what is going on in my truck, it's amazing what you can see with a logger that records at high speed and is looking at the right inputs!

Can't wait to see some results from the conversion...the tracks are open in Phoenix and the NHRDA season opener is here on March 10th if you need a good excuse to get out of the cold!

pog

Reaction score
So I know this isn't a big thing for race trucks, but if this tranny was ever used for a dd would you lose tow/haul mode?

Latest posts

Members online