5r110 out 4r100 in

neverkickn

Reaction score
Did Brian do anything different for this build or is the same trans that he would sell anyone else?

Marty

Reaction score
but not dailyed with a 8k pound truck...

Disagree.... I know of three locally with 750-1000+ rwhp cummins in front of them. These are all 7600+ trucks.

Not saying my Bts has ever seen 900 rwhp but I have daily driven mine for 3 non-continuous years with only one hard part failure to date which was completely my fault.

I feel like it was a long over due swap. Now you need one for whitey.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly!! The fummins that are all running that trans there have to be some over 1k ponies. ******s got two trucks, maybe more, that are running big hp like that through the trans. Granted they may not be daily driven, beans trucks that is. As Marty said, there have to be guys dd'ing with those trannys. We dont know everyone that shops in Leadhill!!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
regardless, this is exciting haha.... If we can get a CC 6.4 that is daily driven into the low 10s, its all smiles being an owner of one haha.

(even though ill never have funds to make it into the 10s)

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Trans is shifting good and holding up so far truck isnt fueling hard though something with torque tables not reading because no factory Trans wires are hooked up but we are putting a Manual PCM in so it should take care of the issue

JDub

Reaction score
Get the tuning figured out and that thing could live forever. Zanes truck isn't as heavy, but it made 127 passes on the same BTS trans, never had to replace the converter either...

Spatel23

Reaction score
Thats exactly what I was about to ask, Tadd. LOL

I reread the whole thread and didnt see any mention of which TC will be used.

Brains shop is not far from me so this may be something I would be interested in, depending on daily driver characteristics.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but will you put a lockup switch on it or does the PCS control that already?

Last edited:

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Another question. I assume u couldn't just flash the pcm to a manual trans? That was my plan for the shop truck.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I assume Brian wouldnt ship out a trans without a PI converter.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thats exactly what I was about to ask, Tadd. LOL

I reread the whole thread and didnt see any mention of which TC will be used.

Brains shop is not far from me so this may be something I would be interested in, depending on daily driver characteristics.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but will you put a lockup switch on it or does the PCS control that already?

You can shift manually, full auto, lock, and unlock the convertor at will. You can tune an automatic shift strategy into the pcs so when you put it in "auto" it will shift how/when you want. No input needed. Just drive.

To answer your question more closely, you can lock or unlock the convertor at will. No delay, it unlocks right now. Total control.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yes

IDS won't do it. Craig's gonna get a PCM out of a manual. Gonna have to make a couple changes to the harness and it should be good.

Gonna have to excuse the tard for a minute but what will that change/help by using a manual pcm? A 08+ pcm?

:thumbup:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm getting pretty excited about this. Tuning my own Trans sounds very apealing.

Who set up the initial pcs tune?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.