6.4 MANIFOLDS **NEW NUMBERS**

Dockboy

Reaction score
If you do a little searching you will find the Cummins world is coming to me over everyone else. Your 1000 hp truck dosen't come close to any of the top 9 second trucks running my manifolds. And yes, all the fastest Cummins are running Steed Speed now. We make more power and we never, ever, break. Your truck is pretty low grade for a Cummins to be honest and I don't need to sponsor a daily driver level truck to promote my products. Get back to us when you get serious about making some real power.

You'd be best to stop digging your hole deeper than you already have:axe:

First off, I race with, and personally know all these supposed "top 9 second trucks" you speak of and Ashley Black's is the only one I know that runs your manifold. And it is rusting and flaking by the way (not that that matters to me anyway).

Second, if you feel my 10 flat, 6800 lb. truck is "low grade, daily driver level" then your best fit is to stick to marketing to the flat billed kids who believe your outlandish claims and think their 500 hp trucks are race cars. "Get back to you when I get serious about making power"?? Are you serious??:shrug:

And finally, NOT ONCE did I propose that you "sponsor" my truck:confused: I said if it did what you said it would do, I WOULD BUY IT!! If it didn't, you could have it back. That is the problem and why I DON"T have, or want sponsors. I pay for EVERYTHING and will always give my honest opinion about a product

steedspeed

Reaction score
Also - I'm not sure why SteedSpeed elected to not take Dockboy up on his offer since SteedSpeed did say that he would put money on it that his manifolds would increase power and torque. Big deal its on a Cummins instead of a PSD. I also think its a bit outlandish to think that SteedSpeed is only marketing to the Cummins crowd North of 1kHP and not any "daily drivers"

I'm not taking him up on the "offer" because he is rude to me, rude to Tom and I'm quite sure he is rude to just about everyone he meets. I market to everyone regardless of power levels. If you look at my website you will see manifolds for T3, T4, T6, VGT in both 351 and 451 sizes, standard passages, larger competition passages, with EWG, without, straight flanges, angled flanges, you name it and I do it as well as several custom manifolds out there. If you saw how many guys are making 1000 hp+ on Cummins you would realize that Dockboy isn't going to be breaking any new ground for me by racing with my manifolds. I had a guy call me last week and his motor showed over 1600hp on the dyno with my competition manifold. My gains on Cummins are the highest of any manfold but..... we are here on "powerstrokearmy.com" so I'd rather talk about my Powerstroke manifolds.

Frankly, if I were a Ford truck owner I would be happy that some guy who knew what he was doing had taken the time to make a manifold like this that produced huge gains for my truck. If I brought this kind of gain to any other platform I'm pretty sure they would be very happy about it.

steedspeed

Reaction score
You'd be best to stop digging your hole deeper than you already have:axe:

First off, I race with, and personally know all these supposed "top 9 second trucks" you speak of and Ashley Black's is the only one I know that runs your manifold. And it is rusting and flaking by the way (not that that matters to me anyway).

Second, if you feel my 10 flat, 6800 lb. truck is "low grade, daily driver level" then your best fit is to stick to marketing to the flat billed kids who believe your outlandish claims and think their 500 hp trucks are race cars. "Get back to you when I get serious about making power"?? Are you serious??:shrug:

And finally, NOT ONCE did I propose that you "sponsor" my truck:confused: I said if it did what you said it would do, I WOULD BUY IT!! If it didn't, you could have it back. That is the problem and why I DON"T have, or want sponsors. I pay for EVERYTHING and will always give my honest opinion about a product

Try being civil and you might get respect in return.

Dockboy

Reaction score
I'm not taking him up on the "offer" because he is rude to me, rude to Tom and I'm quite sure he is rude to just about everyone he meets.

LOL

Try being civil and you might get respect in return.

I'm not looking for, or need your "respect" :poke: I have been in this game allot longer than you have and have seen many companies like yours come and go over the years.

This started by you making claims that were impossible to produce. I called you on them and you got offended. Plain and simple.

steedspeed

Reaction score
I have been in this game allot longer than you have and have seen many companies like yours come and go over the years.

This started by you making claims that were impossible to produce. I called you on them and you got offended. Plain and simple.

I've been making turbo manifolds for 9 years now, sales have more than doubled every year and even with 3 machining centers running every day and overnight we are barely able to keep up with sales. We are going nowhere but up because we make superb products that work. My claims are not impossible to produce. Take a truck with a big turbo and run it to the max with my manifolds. Now switch back to the factory 6.4 manifolds and up pipes and I assure you the truck will lose a second in the 1/4 mile. How does a 475 spool on factory manifolds? Aside from the track, I think it might also be useful to have low end power on the street without having to wind up at the lights using a trans brake. Don't you think?

Last edited:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I'm not taking him up on the "offer" because he is rude to me, rude to Tom and I'm quite sure he is rude to just about everyone he meets. I market to everyone regardless of power levels. If you look at my website you will see manifolds for T3, T4, T6, VGT in both 351 and 451 sizes, standard passages, larger competition passages, with EWG, without, straight flanges, angled flanges, you name it and I do it as well as several custom manifolds out there. If you saw how many guys are making 1000 hp+ on Cummins you would realize that Dockboy isn't going to be breaking any new ground for me by racing with my manifolds. I had a guy call me last week and his motor showed over 1600hp on the dyno with my competition manifold. My gains on Cummins are the highest of any manfold but..... we are here on "powerstrokearmy.com" so I'd rather talk about my Powerstroke manifolds.

Frankly, if I were a Ford truck owner I would be happy that some guy who knew what he was doing had taken the time to make a manifold like this that produced huge gains for my truck. If I brought this kind of gain to any other platform I'm pretty sure they would be very happy about it.

Greg (Dockboy) is just being himself - take him or leave him, like him or hate him, you always know what you are going to get.

I am very aware of what is going on outside of the PSD world - I know plenty of people and been under the hoods of a few rigs - and seen things done - even assisted in a few cases long before it became a wet dream on the internet. I haven't been on the forums as long as Greg, but I have been around performance all my life. 1Khp daily driven in any brand is an achievement, 1khp on the drag strip is a blast to watch, 1Khp on the pulling track is quickly becoming the top ten trucks in our local circuit in the 2.6 turbo class. My point is not to brag, but to look at fact. I do in fact thing your manifold is an improvement. I do in fact not know how much of an improvement. I understand why the test was conducted in the manner in which it was, and I do think it shows a gain - but I don't think you can stand there and tell me definitively what that gain is unless the test was conducted on the exact same truck with only the manifolds being changed.

It is true that we are on Power Stroke Army, but many members here transcend truck brands and engine types. Take a look in the project section to see how many Fummins builds are in process - it is relevant discussion, perhaps not in this thread, but relevant none the less.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I've been making turbo manifolds for 9 years now, sales have more than doubled every year and even with 3 machining centers running every day and overnight we are barely able to keep up with sales. We are going nowhere but up because we make superb products that work. My claims are not impossible to produce. Take a truck with a big turbo and run it to the max with my manifolds. Now switch back to the factory 6.4 manifolds and up pipes and I assure you the truck will lose a second in the 1/4 mile. How does a 475 spool on factory manifolds? Aside from the track, I think it might also be useful to have low end power on the street without having to wind up at the lights using a trans brake. Don't you think?

There are a couple trucks that prove you can spool big singles on other manifolds. I agree you make a nice looking product but your claims are unrealistic. Both of these big single 6.4s run in or around 10s you can't sit here and tell people that they are going to switch manifolds and run 9s

Now I could maybe see you making a claim to the effect that spooling at the line will be reduced by 1 second.

You gotta remember we all leave spooled already before the lights drop...

White_monster

Reaction score
I've canceled my order for these. The due date for needing these by has come and gone. Someone needs to try these on a big build. I'll be interested in those results.

Charles

Reaction score
I thought the fact that the greatest gain was at the lowest rpm was strange. The flow requirements would be greatest at the highest rpm.

Is the gain in this case in the pulse timing at low rpm?

CamTom12

Reaction score
I thought the fact that the greatest gain was at the lowest rpm was strange. The flow requirements would be greatest at the highest rpm.

Also curious about this and hoping it doesn't get lost in the Nos_GTSR welding hate.

Reaction score

If you look at the past posts, the drop at higher rpm was due to fuel rail pressure droping from 28,000 to below 17,000 psi. Gains would have been better if the fuel pressure would have been steady. Tom's build on his truck should prove to be big numbers,if we ever can get all the parts. LOL

Charles

Reaction score
If you look at the past posts, the drop at higher rpm was due to fuel rail pressure droping from 28,000 to below 17,000 psi. Gains would have been better if the fuel pressure would have been steady. Tom's build on his truck should prove to be big numbers,if we ever can get all the parts. LOL

The shape of the curve changed. The fuel stayed constant,we would believe, between the "with" and "without" pulls, yet the shape of the curve blimped up down low. With the same fuel, and an airflow change, I would expect the power to come up pretty much opposite of that curve.

I'm not saying my intuition is right. But this goes against it.

Is it possible that the truck with the manifolds simply made power differently than the other? Like, would the curve drop, but stay pretty similarly shaped if you removed them from the test truck and reinstalled the OEM pieces, or would the curve shift back away from low end again?

I now wonder if the shape disparity was more of a truck to truck difference, rather than completely the effect of the manifolds.

Latest posts

Members online