6.4 MANIFOLDS **NEW NUMBERS**

dstryr

Reaction score
:redspotdance:

So your saying there is 92/250 give or take a few as just a bolt on?? Did those trucks have stock turbos? Maybe i missed that part. I'm running IDP tunes w/ stock fuel/turbo and to get another possible 92/250 out of it would be great.

I'm guessing it would help drop EGTS as well. I'm for anything that can help longevity and DDability:toast:

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
So your saying there is 92/250 give or take a few as just a bolt on?? Did those trucks have stock turbos? Maybe i missed that part. I'm running IDP tunes w/ stock fuel/turbo and to get another possible 92/250 out of it would be great.

I'm guessing it would help drop EGTS as well. I'm for anything that can help longevity and DDability:toast:

92hp and 250lb-ft are the highest gains. gains at the highest number made are not that high.

Garrett

Dockboy

Reaction score
Since the original thread got so far off track I've started a new one.

We met up with KEM Performance to test our manifold installation on a Dynojet 224xlc Eddy Current dyno.

For our comparison we used a truck that has the same upgrades and tuning as our manifold truck.

The cursor shows dramatic results at lower rpm and both trucks were predictably losing fuel rail pressure with the 345 files installed.

PSCSSMaifoldscomparison.jpg

As you can see the results are very dramatic and driving this truck is unlike any other that I've driven so far. Imagine what these manifolds will do on moderately or highly modified trucks!!

That's got to be good for at least 2 seconds on the track!!!

ROTFLMAO

powerlifter405

Reaction score
No doubt ,if you look at the graph as it was pointed out, even at the lower RPM's the gain seemed substantial.
Exhaust in intake companies make claims all the time but it neat to see that the betters gains are at lower rpms vs just marketing gimicks peak HP.

It does look promising.

Dockboy, 2 seconds at the track?? Am i missing something here? I know from ford-diesel days you've got a lot outta the 7.3 but I'm not sure what/if you are poking fun at or just amazed at the #'s the exhaust manifolds put out.

Educate amigo.

morepower02

Reaction score
Since the original thread got so far off track I've started a new one.

We met up with KEM Performance to test our manifold installation on a Dynojet 224xlc Eddy Current dyno.

For our comparison we used a truck that has the same upgrades and tuning as our manifold truck.

The cursor shows dramatic results at lower rpm and both trucks were predictably losing fuel rail pressure with the 345 files installed.

PSCSSMaifoldscomparison.jpg

As you can see the results are very dramatic and driving this truck is unlike any other that I've driven so far. Imagine what these manifolds will do on moderately or highly modified trucks!!

So this dyno sheet is from two seperate trucks?

01PSD

Reaction score
No doubt ,if you look at the graph as it was pointed out, even at the lower RPM's the gain seemed substantial.
Exhaust in intake companies make claims all the time but it neat to see that the betters gains are at lower rpms vs just marketing gimicks peak HP.

It does look promising.

Dockboy, 2 seconds at the track?? Am i missing something here? I know from ford-diesel days you've got a lot outta the 7.3 but I'm not sure what/if you are poking fun at or just amazed at the #'s the exhaust manifolds put out.

Educate amigo.

He's being an a$$hole, again. LOL

Dockboy

Reaction score

Educate amigo.

There were claims from the parties involved that this manifold alone would gain a FULL SECOND at the track!! LOL

While I think it is great to come out with new products to help improve the performance of engines, making ridiculous claims to sell them is not!!

First, the graph comparision is not the same truck. Second, even if it was, the gains in the rpm range used at the track are maybe 20 hp. Do you know how much hp gain would be required to gain a FULL SECOND in et at the track? ABOUT 300!!!:flush:

And yes...I AM A BIG A$$ HOLE!!!:rockon:

powerlifter405

Reaction score
There were claims from the parties involved that this manifold alone would gain a FULL SECOND at the track!! LOL

While I think it is great to come out with new products to help improve the performance of engines, making ridiculous claims to sell them is not!!

First, the graph comparision is not the same truck. Second, even if it was, the gains in the rpm range used at the track are maybe 20 hp. Do you know how much hp gain would be required to gain a FULL SECOND in et at the track? ABOUT 300!!!:flush:

I was taught a long time ago, that on a 3000lb car, you needed 100hp gain to go from 13 sec to 12 sec and the increase is exponential from there. Good point.

How do you think it would help w/ EGT's and for just DD?

steedspeed

Reaction score

What you are forgetting is that the gain will move to the right on a big turbo system and given enough fuel you will make the biggest gains at a later point in the rev range. The pulls shown here died out because the fuel was running out + they were just on stock turbos. The manifolds didn't set the ceiling to the power made and would have been happy to go way higher. There are some very high powered trucks that are soon to be getting these manifolds and you will see what they can do when they hit the track.

morepower02

Reaction score
Steedspeed. Who are you? Sponsor? Diesel shop? Ricer guy?

Last edited:

bigsix300

Reaction score
Google steedspeed. I'm pretty sure he is not new to diesels he makes alot of manifolds for cummins.

Latest posts

Members online